Chapter 27

Family? Just relatives

"I doubt it," Marco stated sitting on a bench, "Prof Minnie wouldn't let us."

Victoria sat beside Marco glancing over at Regulus who stood in front of them both to figure out a way to get Emerson out of detention.

"We could get her a gift basket for being able to stay in a room with him?" Marco offered, looking at both of them for approval. After seeing both their disapproved faces he shook his head away from them.

"I've got it!" Victoria yelled gripping onto Marcos's shoulder from excitement causing Marco to yelp while Regulus jumped from the random yell. "Why doesn't one of us get a detention so she isn't alone?"

While Victoria thought it to be a brilliant idea Regulus found it idiotic, he wouldn't dare step into a room where both his siblings would be at. Or where his sibling and a stranger he wished to forget were at. Seems that the wound wasn't healed yet.

Marco laughed a bit thinking it was a joke but his laughter died down once he noticed the seriousness on Victoria's face. Detention wasn't something he wanted to deal with nor ever have.

"And by someone you mean you, correct?" Marco asked worried he would be forced to do something he didn't want to. He seems to always get stuck in situations as such.

Victoria looked at him as if he were to be joking now, "Funny, but no, I actually need to do a few studies today. Very important stuff, please do it?"

Marco sighed in desperation to somehow disappear, but that didn't seem to work. "No, absolutely not. I mean it, no."

***

"How the bloody fuck did she even convince me," Marco thought to himself as he stood in an empty hall with buckets of dirt and grass. Regulus refused to join in on this "plan" at first but after a short talk with Victoria he joined in.

"Do I just throw it everywhere?" Marco asked confused and a bit scared. He's never done anything to purposely get into trouble, he wouldn't want to get kicked out.

Regulus gave him a slight nod not making much of a conversation with him. Not because he wanted to be rude but because he simply didn't feel like conversing with someone he doesn't know. Either way, detention would begin soon, and while they both had a free period they would both rather be doing other things.

Marco took a slight breath before throwing the dirt everywhere trying his best to ensure they'd get into trouble, but in all honestly, they both knew there were other ways to get detention, like skipping class. But neither of them were willing to do that.

"Is that good enough?" Marco turned to Regulus worried he ruined the plan. Regulus took a quick look around and gave another nod before walking away. "Where are you going?"

"To get us in trouble," Regulus said as he continued to walk off.

While they both did their part of the plan Victoria was in her Muggle Studies class reading about a certain topic that grasped her attention, werewolves. But as she read a sudden paper landed right in front of her face, she looked up to see who had thrown it and her eyes met with a pair of blue ones. It was Luke McLaggen, a boy in the same year as her brother. As she stared at him his eyes motioned to the crumbled paper in front of her, asking her to open it.