Chapter 28

He is a liar

***

Marco couldn't stand this anymore, he couldn't stand being in a room with all three of the Black siblings especially at this moment when they're all riled up against each other.

"Oh yes blame me! Because I'm always your families target," Sirius yelled at them both now sounding even more irritated than before.

Regulus scoffed at his choice of words, "Your families? Is that really what you said?" Regulus voice sounded stern and intimidating, Emerson looked at them both wishing to get out of there as soon as possible.

"Yes that's what I said, or did you mishear by any chance?" Sirius continued to taunt Regulus thinking this was the perfect moment to do it.

"Right because the day you left was the day you stopped being part of the Black Family correct? That was the day you abandoned-," Regulus's voice grew louder the more he spoke now starting to make Emerson shudder even more to their yells, Marco hugged her trying his best to comfort her.

"I didn't abandon either of you!" Sirius yelled even louder, "I asked you two to join me but I knew you wouldn't, and Emerson wouldn't join me so what fucking choice did I have, I had nothing?!"

"You had us!" Regulus overpowered him sounding completely torn, at this point Emerson was now crying silent tears. "You had us..."

It was silent, too silent, it no longer felt like a family. They weren't a family anymore they were just relatives with the same last name.

It was silent until Emerson spoke and she said, "I'm your sister, you're both my brothers, are we no longer family?"

There was only silence which was the worst feeling at that moment, "I guess I've got my answer now..." Emerson muttered to herself.

After a while of arguing, the Black Siblings finally gave it a rest, each of them ignoring one another as if they weren't even there. It felt as if time decided to hold still until their anger came to end. But of course, that wouldn't be happening.

                                            ***

"Then he took me to pick flowers, it was quite sweet," Victoria told her two friends about her night as they ate their breakfast, "not to mention very kindly."

Emerson's expressions hadn't changed once, nor had her food been touched, and while Marco would've liked to hear the rest of the story he couldn't help but stare at Emerson's stone-cold eyes. That's not her.

Victoria continued to talk with a large smile plastered on her face but her happiness died down once she looked up at both her friends.

"Uhm, Emerson, I saved you some cinnamon pie, I asked Mibny to make it this morning," Victoria passed a small portion of pie towards Emerson, only to receive a small glance of nothing.

"I'm not hungry," she said pushing it away. Victoria lightly laughed in a way of confusion.

"But you love cinnamon pie, I thought you'd like it..."  Victoria took the pie back, cinnamon pie was special to them both for personal reasons.