Chapter 21

You can't take the meaning of family away but you can take the feeling of family...away.

The rest of the year was in a way different. Regulus grew much more isolated then before, like all his joy was taken out of him.

Emerson wasn't the usual ray of sunshine she used to be. She was more of the light in the moonlight sky.  

Sirius was just himself? But then again can you blame him? Regulus and Emerson were never truly his siblings or his family. That's spot has been taken by James Potter, Remus Lupin, and Peter Pettigrew.

As much as Marco and Victoria tried to make Emerson feel like she has a true family, it didn't seem to work.

So you can just imagine how the rest of their fourth year went. Interesting would probably be the best way to describe it, now Victoria had to learn to live with Sirius, like a brother.

Anyways, time began to fly by faster than ever, fourth year ended, their break ended and before they knew it fifth year began.

***

"Hurry up Em we are gonna miss the train if you don't hurry!" Regulus rushed Emerson. First year without Sirius.

-
"Mum tell James to give me back my hairbrush!" Victoria yelled as she ran down the stairs.

If you couldn't already tell James has this habit of taking Victoria's stuff, Sirius has developed this skill overtime as well. But mainly for her eyeliner.

"Mum will you tell this child to let me borrow it?" James whined.

Euphemia sighed, not of annoyance, well maybe a little bit of annoyance. "Hurry up, all of you we are leaving shortly."

-

Both families finally arrived at the platform, the Potters all saying their goodbyes and rushing off towards the train. Victoria awaited for Emerson and Marco before going on. From a far she could see Emerson along with Regulus both getting a very serious lecture. Happens almost all the time.
Once Walburga finished talking to her children with a simple cold goodbye they left. Regulus walked alongside Emerson, Emerson's eyes roamed around for her best friends. Of course her eyes first landed on a certain Potter.

"Vicki!" Emerson ran towards Victoria, she threw herself onto her. "You look so different! And can you believe Reggie here has grown two more inches!"

Victoria's eyes made their way to the curly dark haired boy. It's true, Regulus has grown a fair lot. His features also got sharper, his eyes colder.

Emerson also changed, in a way that wasn't all physical but emotionally. Emerson tends to overpower any obstacle that comes her way.

"I would've sent you letter over the summer but mother forbid me. She didn't allow me to send letters to anyone! But guess what!"

"Understable, what's your news?" Victoria asked eagerly. She was so into talking to Emerson she didn't even notice the stare of Regulus upon her.

"I got boobs...!" Emerson whisper yelled to Victoria. Regulus clearly heard what Emerson said which made him make a face and caused him to leave.