Chapter 40

The after effect

Marco

Shit.
It's now somewhere around 7:45 am. That's my best guess. It's not like it mattered much anyways, I was stuck in the Hospital Wing. I presume my secret is out to anyone reading this, yes I am that stupid furred creature with terrible anger issues.
While I much rather finish my latest read, "The Catcher of the Rye," recommended by Tic of course - but Madam Pomfrey says writing in this notebook will help with feelings. I don't know. Oh, and Tic is Victoria, how did I can up with that nickname? I just thought about it right now actually, creative I know.
Anyways, yeah there are bruises all over my body, and scratches marking my face, really everything was messed up at this point. To top it off, I almost killed my dear friend. That's all.

Narration

He set his new blue-covered notebook, a gift from Madam Pomfrey, down on the counter next to him. He had asked her before the full moon to help him with his transformations but not to tell anyone. Before that, Marco simply covered up any marks left behind on his own.
He also learned a tiny minor secret. It wasn't his to tell, so he vowed not to, as he'd wish nobody to tell his.

***

"I'm telling you it's weird," Emerson ranted.

"He's maybe just ill," Victoria responded, messing around with her breakfast, "we could always check to see if he's in the Hospital Wing."

"Well, let's go right now then!"

Emerson stood up quickly, before seating herself back down at the sight of Luke McLaggen seated himself right beside Victoria not wasting a second putting his arm around her, "Where are we going?"

Emerson rolled her eyes looking at him a seat in the eyes, "We are going to the Hospital Wing, which you're not invited to."

"Emi," Victoria hushed her, "we are going to the Hospital Wing to see if Marc is there."

Luke nodded with a sense of annoyance sitting in his eyes, "Well, I was going to ask you on a skip class date."

"That's so stupid," Emerson mumbled under her breath, rolling her eyes in the process. It didn't go unnoticed. 

Victoria looked a bit uneasy but spoke to Luke explaining how Marco seemed ill and they wanted to check up on him. He was hesitant about her answer but left with a nod right after. 

***

"Ms Black, he is not here," Madam Pomfrey exhaled, "now please, get off the patient's bed."

Both girls waltzed into the Hosptial Wing, neither having much care for their surroundings. Especially since the Hospital Wing was fairly empty, besides a few injured athletes. "Then where is he?" asked Victoria taking a seat on the chair of Madam Pomfreys desk. 

That's when the laughter and snickering of a few recognisable voices started to get louder. The girls side-eyed each other giving a look referring to the noise. That's when Madam Pomfrey decided she'd settle the chatter, and they both took the time to peek around. 

After a few unwanted encounters, they grew impatient, well Emerson did. "Maybe he isn't here," she was going to lean on the white wall behind her but ended up falling backwards. 
It turned out that the sheeting covering the bed blended perfectly into the white wall all the way at the back of the room. Her back crashed into a stiff body, knocking all the air out of them. While Victoria stood watching and gaped at the action. "Fuck," both voices called out.