Chapter 25

I'm afraid to be who I'm destined to be

"He hasn't left the dorm since last week!" Emerson ranted to Victoria from across the table. "I understand not leaving your room, but what's so interesting in his dorm?!"

Victoria picked at her food as she listened to Emerson intensely rant. They started to get irritated by Marcos closed-off behaviour and by they, I mean Emerson. She out of the two couldn't stand being ignored especially not by someone she considers family.

This was now the last straw for her, he hadn't spoken to them for over a week. Not even when they were both at the hospital wing recovering from their injuries, not once did he stop by.

James as well as Peter and Remus came by, Sirius tried to but Emerson refused to acknowledge his presence. Regulus also stopped by time and time again. Not just for Emerson, it seemed like.

Emerson did get a few marks over her ribs as well as one over her eyebrow which she considers to be 'badass' of course. She had a few broken bones but they healed, nothing magic couldn't fix.
Victoria was perfectly fine, she had a few pains but nothing that couldn't be fixed.

Victoria tried her best to avoid the memory of her closest friend in the forest with a pile of blood surrounding her. She could've sworn she was dead, it was a feeling she never wanted to experience again.

Victoria now began to doze off as Emerson continued her rant, she didn't even notice her gaze drive off towards the Slytherin table, but at a certain angle, you would've thought she was looking at the one and only Sirius Black.

Emerson lost her breath for a second, she took a moment to bring up a conversation she had been wanting to have for a while now with Victoria.

She let out a cough to gain her attention which she did, "I'm curious, what are your thoughts on Marco."

Victoria giggled at the silly question, she was sure Emerson knew her exact thoughts about Marco. It wasn't a trick question in her mind to know.

"Romantically, like in a partner form," Emerson finished.

That question Victoria wasn't prepared for nor did she hate the question, she simply thought it was Emerson to find her someone to fancy. They did have a conversation not too long ago about Victoria finding someone.

"Are you trying to get me to say if I fancy him or not?" Victoria joked while playing with her food.

"No, just asking," Emerson looked around for a split second before finishing her sentence. "I mean when you don't fancy someone it's so boring, isn't it?"

"As well as it being the exact same amount of stress as a knife stabbed into your chest," Victoria said, "I don't fancy Marco, nor do I find him unattractive, simply I don't feel a pounder of butterflies swirling in my stomach when I see him."

Emerson threw her head back in annoyance. "You always speak in fancy words it's frustrating!" She joked.

While Victoria laughed quietly she said, "Maybe ask Lupin how he feels about Marco," Victoria told her casually. Emerson sat up when she heard the name.

Lupin?

"Why?" Emerson asked.

Victoria looked up at her, her eyes meeting her. "I don't know just thought Marco liked him, sure seems like it to me."