Chapter 9

"You're both so annoying," Emerson mumbled to herself. As she rolled her eyes, she noticed her brother walking towards them. "Oh great, are you here to bother me too?"

Regulus glanced over his shoulder to see Narcissa quietly leaving for her class. Since Regulus also took potions at the same time as them, it made sense for him to be there. "No? I take potions too, but bothering you wouldn't ruin my day."

Emerson couldn't stand Marco's laughter any longer, so she grabbed his potion book and smacked him on the head with it. Victoria ended up bursting into laughter as Emerson and Marco argued with each other, again.

"Stop hitting me with that!" Marco snatched the book back from her.

Regulus smiled to himself; annoying Emerson always lightened up his day. Normally, Sirius was the one to really annoy Emerson to the point where their mother would yell at them. That's one thing Regulus would never tolerate from his mother: yelling or hitting his sister. With everything going on with Sirius, Regulus had grown a lot more protective of her.

"Do you have a camera on you?" A voice made Regulus jump a little. "Oh, sorry, didn't mean to scare you," Victoria apologized.

"It's alright, and no, I don't. Why do you need one?"

"Just wanted to take a picture of them two arguing," Victoria motioned to Marco and Emerson still arguing. Marco was trying to reason with Emerson, who covered her ears so she couldn't listen to him. "She always has one on her or nearby, don't know why though?"

"She says it's to 'capture the moment,' literally..." Regulus said before turning back to his cousin, urging them to leave.

Narcissa gave him a mischievous look before continuing, "Actually, Potter," she said, gaining Victoria's full attention, "Regulus here wanted to ask you—"

"If you are heading over to Potions yet!" Regulus cut her off, desperately hoping she would stop talking.

Victoria looked between the two of them before responding, "Yeah, we can walk together?" She asked both Regulus and Narcissa.

"No, not me," Narcissa declined, thanking for the offer before heading off, making Regulus give her a dirty side eye.

*** 

Emerson kept pestering Marco with continuous nagging that brought her laughter but only brought Marco annoyance, which Marco didn't entirely mind.

Victoria and Regulus walked side by side quietly, not making any conversation. When they made it to the classroom, it was closed. They felt like they were standing there for what felt like an eternity until Slughorn finally opened the door to the classroom as class was about to begin. "You all are early, come in."

Emerson and Marco had finally stopped arguing, but they still gave each other side eyes here and there. Slughorn had changed Emerson's seating again, so now she was forced to sit beside Regulus, while Victoria remained seated with Marco, but now at the back of the room. Emerson and Regulus weren't too far apart, just a few seats away.

As everyone settled in, they all turned their attention to Professor Slughorn as he displayed the potions they would be working on.

"Okay, hello everyone! Glad to see you all here. So here I have..." Professor Slughorn pointed at one of the potions. "Well, actually, would anyone like to tell me what this one here is?"

Nobody raised their hand for a while until Victoria's hand slowly rose. "Yes, Miss Potter."

"That's Veritaserum, it's a truth serum that forces the drinker to tell the truth..." 

"You're such a smart arse..." Emerson mouthed over to Victoria once she finished answering the question.

"Very good, Miss Potter. 5 points to Ravenclaw. Now, would you like to tell me what this potion is?" Professor Slughorn asked.