Chapter 30

Boredom

"So you're planning on ditching us this Hogesmeade trip right before Christmas break to spend time with a guy who will most likely end up with a fucked up life?" Emerson went on without stopping. They were all in the common room avoiding the cold outdoors like everyone else.

There were some second years on the sofas but Emerson kindly shoved them off telling them to move along. They ended up talking about Victoria and Luke McLaggens "relationship."

"No I was asking you for your honest opinion, should I go or not?" Victoria asked fiddling with the ends of her sleeves.

Marco sat in the middle of them eating cookies with milk, he rested his feet on a cushion while Victoria sat with her knees to her chest facing both their directions. Emerson sat the same way just with her feet on Marcos lap.

"Exactly, and I gave it to you, I don't like him," Emerson crossed her arms but then took a cookie from Marco, of course, he slapped her hand away but she got it anyway.

"Saying "fuck him" wasn't really a proper answer though," Victoria argued. She wasn't sure if she was only interested in Luke because she felt someone finally sparked some attention to her and not just for James. "What do you think Marc?"

Marco looked up at her placing his cookies down on the coffee table as he crossed his arms, "Well I don't exactly like him," Marco frowned.

"Why? What's wrong with Luke?" Victoria looked at them wanting a direct answer.

"To start off his name is Luke..." Emerson joked causing Marco to laugh but didn't seem to earn the same amusement from Victoria.

"Come on, it's not like anyone else has ever asked me out, shouldn't I give this a try?"

As much as Emerson and Marco wished to take that idea out of Victoria's head they did see the excitement roaming around her eyes. They weren't going to prevent her from going with Luke even if they deeply despised him. Although they didn't have a specific reason to not like him besides the fact that they just don't like him.

"If it'll make you happy then go for it," Emerson forced a light smiling regretting her words. Her not wanting Victoria to go out with Luke sparked her an idea which she immediately planned out.

"Are you two staying here for the break?" Marco voiced breaking the silence, Emerson's attention was directed somewhere else therefore she didn't respond, but Victoria prepped herself up with these exciting eyes.

"Actually, mum owled me not that long along," she stopped to cause suspension, "she told me I was allowed to have friends over for the break."

Victoria looked down at her lap fiddling with the ends of her knitted sweater, she really hoped they'd come because ever since the new arrival came along James hadn't spent as much time with her. She never realized how lonely it felt to be without James bugging her.

"It's totally fine if you both can't, I mean I just think it'd be fun."

Marco was really into that idea, he had been gaining a lot of separation between himself and his parents especially with all their family issues. He wasn't willing to open up nor did he feel like he should. So spending the break with a friend felt like a brilliant idea.