Chapter 31

A Merry Christmas

"I'm sure you two understand, but it isn't much of a choice now is it?" Walburga Black said as she put on her black gloves, Orion Black stood beside her with his suitcases that were now being held by their house-elves.

They were left off to an important meeting which most likely resigned to death eater business, although hurtful it suited Emerson's plan quite well.

"Of course," Emerson responded for herself and Regulus holding back her smile. Her joy could fly through the roof, but Regulus wouldn't admit how sad he was to not be able to have a proper Christmas.

***

Once the parents finally left, they both decided to spend their day in each others company, since there was nobody else to be with.
They were both in Emerson's room, Regulus laid on her bed flipping through pages of a comic book he found lying around.

Emerson sat on her chair at the desk writing what seemed to be a long letter. She seemed a lot more excited once she finished her letter, finally beginning a second letter.

"Another letter?" Regulus asked sitting up on his elbows.

"Mhm, one for Vic another for Marc," Emerson waved both up for him to see, "I'm planning on having them over for the break."

That made Regulus fully sit up, they'd be in a lot of trouble the parents found out. "I don't think that's a good idea Em."

Emerson's was about to send off the letter when two owls came swarming in. Which knocked over some of the ink, all over Emerson's clothing.

"Fan mail?" Regulus chucked at Emerson's annoyance from her clothing getting smudged.

"Yes, probably from every single girl you've ever liked," Emerson replied back with a cocky grin trying to find something to use to rub off the ink.

"What about guys?" Regulus joked even further.

"You don't ever shut up do you?" Emerson asked shoving him off her bed with a nudge. He fell onto the hard ground with a smack on the head.

"You should be glad I speak to you, not many people have the privilege."

Emerson rolled her eyes at his arrogance. She took the letters attached to each of the owls, as well as gave them a light snack for their trip back.

Once was obviously from Victoria since she could easily recognize her owl, but the other was from Marco. It was a lot harder to tell since she rarely wrote back or even sent a letter.

She opened Victoria's first and it read,

Dear Emi,
I talked to mum about staying with you and while she would much rather I stay home for Christmas she said yes! Have they left? Can I come over? Write me back will you?

Sincerely, your favourite Potter

Laughing at the letter she then moved over to Marcos, she was eager to open his considering she didn't think he would ever owl her.

To Em,
You haven't owled me so I shall grace you with a letter from me. I know you said to spend Christmas at your place, and even though I'd love to spend Christmas at a place that despises me, I have another idea. My parents are gone, so it's just my grandma and me, I don't want to leave her alone so why don't you come over(you can bring your brother of course) and I'll owl Victoria as well if you'd like. Just owl me if this is okay with you.