Chapter 42

Absquatulate: (v.) To leave without saying goodbye. 

Pandora nodded kindly and gestured towards the door. Making their way out Pandora noticed the anxiousness going through Victoria. Though there was a moment of awkward silence Victoria filled it up by asking, "Do you know where they are?"

"Yes I do, and it's not my place to stay," Pandora said, "but I can say they are at their house so you don't need to worry furthermore."

***

Throughout the entire day Victoria walked around the entire grounds aimlessly without her friend. Even throughout the lessons of the day she stared at the door thinking practically hopping Emerson would open the doors. 

Preferably, she would've spent the day with Emerson and even Regulus making them have the best birthday they could: but that wasn't the case. Instead her and McLaggen ended up spending a rather unpleasant day together.  So when she reached the common room she was pleased to find Marco lounging in the seating area messing with a puzzle. 

Once Victoria stepped in, Marco looked up offering her a bright smile. "Hey you, how was your afternoon?"

Before returning back to his puzzle he began to notice the glum face Victoria had. She practically tossed herself onto the sofa besides Marco. "Absolute shit." 

"Oh no, what happened?" Marco asked, while fist-pumping the air for finding another piece to the puzzle. 

"Well to put it in the best terms, we broke up." 

For the second of silence was enough for Marco to register what had just been said. It would be a lie if he didn't say he was somehow glad they were no longer together. Though in all fairness she didn't seem that upset either. 

"Oh, how come?" he asked, he lifted himself up to copy her slouching position besides her. 

With her arms crossed and her head thrown back she said, "We just haven't been getting along like we used too."

"But I thought he was this charmer," Marco made a motion to his face like it was some jewel, something he noticed McLaggen tends to do. 

Victoria turned her head to her right and smiled at Marco, "Yeah well we all make mistakes." 

Returning the smile back to her, Marco put his arm around her and held her close. Their eyes closed and before they knew it they were fast asleep.

***

With night finally claiming the day, the twins were back home setting themselves back into their rooms. They were received with a long list of lessons their mother found to be important for later news. Once receiving the Dark Mark they'd be assigned to new tasks and a new reason. At least Regulus would be - Emerson's tasks were quite different in a way. Instead of worrying about what she'd be set to do, first she must be set on her further life; as in a husband. 

Emerson sat on her large dark gray bed. She took a second to notice how blank her room felt, not to mention how boring. Thankfully though, she had a set of comics she had left unread she could now read. That was only as long as nobody found her doing so. 

"It's here somewhere," Emerson said to herself not paying attention to her surroundings. 

"Miss Black," Kreacher voiced loud enough for a startled to hear." 

Emerson whipped around tossing the dusty box she was looking through aside. "Damn Kreacher, did you knock?"

"Kreacher did knock Miss Black, but Miss Black didn't hear. Kreacher apologizes."

Emerson sat back up from her original slouching position and waved at Kreacher, "It's fine, what do you need?"

"Mrs. Black has asked me to inform you to dress appropriately for tomorrow for you'll officially be receiving the Dark Mark as your gift."