~L~ Rings Of Our Past

(Based off the new Loki show, my idea of what it would look like! Most of this stuff is mostly just my imagination, so I hope you enjoy!)

(Y/n)'s POV

  "Don't. Move." I said, Loki and Mobius freezing where they were in front of the time door. I clicked the button in Mobius's jacket pocket, and the door vanished.
  "Hello." Mobius said, voice pitiful.
  "Don't "hello" me. What're you here for this time?" I asked, and he sighed. I had met him in previous years while he studied the Avengers and I as a worker of the Timekeepers, and had favors done from him to keep his secret, and for him to ask questions.
  "I'd hate to intrude, who are you exactly?" Loki asked, and I didn't look to him. It would kill me to see the same face I lost seven years ago. I knew he wasn't the him I knew, but my heart ached regardless.
  "(Y/n) (L/n). One of the last Avengers left in this day and age." I replied, raising an eyebrow for Mobius to answer.
  "Can we at least sit down to talk?" He asked, and I rolled my eyes.
  "You have about twenty minutes to explain yourself. Come in." I said, bring them in the Avengers headquarters. They explained the timeline situation, and I let a small laugh escape at the familiarity of Loki and the Tesseract. We now sat at the table in the kitchen, and I thought. I readjusted my mask, the one similar to the Winter Soldier when we first found him. I knew Loki's magic would let him have some small recognition if I took it off, and if they were staying for the hour then I didn't need to throw him off for fixing what he'd done.
  "We're here because he found a magical trace here." Mobius said, and I looked to him. It was taking a mass amount of willpower to not say anything about the past, my lip close to busting from how hard I was biting it.
  "Do you know of any magic around here?" He asked, voice rough and authoritative as it always was when he first me people. I fiddled with the golden ring on my thumb, giving in to my self made promise.
  "No, any magic that has been here is years old by now. If it brings you any clarity my ring has a spell on it, but it is nothing that would be a cause to help you." I replied, and they both sat up.
  "What spell?" Loki asked, and I clenched my jaw as I looked my old lover in the eyes.
  "That is something I'll tell you when I'm ready. You have yet to show me that I can trust you, and I sure as hell don't trust him." I said, Mobius scoffing.
  "We don't have time for that! There are timelines that are falling apart as we speak!" Loki said, hands landing on the table. Frustration overtook me, and I did the same.
  "And who's fault is that?! The timelines are different in every time period, the simplicity of going back will reverse the effects by enough for you to fix your own mistake! So if you need this ring so bad, earn it!" I snapped, almost nose to nose with him. I mirrored his hard gaze, knowing if I gave him a challenge he would take it. But I had to go easy on him. He wasn't the Loki I knew, he doesn't know what I'm thinking, or what any of my body language says about how I'm feeling. Loki sat down first, and I relaxed.
  "How long with this earning process take?" Mobius asked, and I shrugged.
  "Two days, if any of us are lucky. But most likely a week. I've looked at your records, if you go back just before the action that caused this, you can loophole the timelines and fix the broken ones. You, timer, are headed back to your HQ, I'll make sure he doesn't run off." I estimated, and Loki raised a cocky eyebrow. Mobius didn't argue, confusing Loki.
  "Don't expect me to treat you like royalty." He said, and I smiled.
  "Well, royalty doesn't give royalty special treatment. It's the trust I'm looking for. I know you, Loki. Trust isn't easy, but I don't backstab you, you have no reason to backstab me. Deal?" I said, holding my hand out. I laughed softly at the look of shock that flashed in his eyes, his colder hand shaking mine.
  "Deal."

~Two Days Later~

  "What is this contraption, Midgardian?" Loki asked, looking at the old truck in the garage. I decided to take Loki back to my old cabin in the woods, one Tony had gotten me years back since I always wanted a place to escape to to relax.
  "(Y/n). And this is a truck, one of the many ways Midgardians travel." I said, opening the door and letting him get in. He looked around curiously as I got in the driver's side, putting on my seatbelt. I laughed internally as he mirrored my actions, and I started it. The engine groaned to life, the old parts making an assortment of noises as I began to drive out.
  "It's going to fall apart." He said, and I laughed.
  "It won't, it's just not as new as the other vehicles. It's meant to not stand out, and fit in with the cabin." I said, glancing over as he cocked his head.
  "Cabin?" He questioned, and I pulled into the main road.
  "Home." I said, and he nodded. It was quiet, besides the noises of the truck driving along the road, and I could tell he was thinking.
  "You could take the face covering off. If you want trust then I would like to know how you look." He said, and I looked to him momentarily. He had a point...
  "Soon. But not right now."

~Time Skip~

I fucked up could probably not amount to the situation I had put myself in, and I was current facing the torturing tone in Loki's voice, as well as the racing thoughts in my head as I thought of my next step. Give him the ring, (Y/n). Was a broken record in my head, but the doubtful side told me to lie.
  "Speak to me, (Y/n)! How do you know these things? How do you know me more than Frigga herself?! Tell me!" He shouted, anger and fear in his voice. I had let too much slip, too much that only the Loki I had knew. I had slipped what had been poured out of his soul in past days, his most vulnerable self.
  "Because I loved you! I... Knew you, Loki. I..." I trailed off, the pain coming back and gripping at my lungs until I felt like I couldn't breathe.
  "What are you saying? What do you mean you knew me?" He asked, and I looked him in the eyes, feeling the same love for him from all those years ago. I looked down to my ring, fiddling with it.
  "I can't... It could fuck up the timeline." I told myself, and he grabbed my shoulders.
  "You knew me? I care not for these timelines if you don't give me answers. I told you blatantly that you had my trust, but you hold back every time I think you're going to trust me. Why?" He pushed, and I sighed.
  "Sit down, I'm going to give you the ring." I said, and he nodded. I wiped the falling tears away, and gained composure.
  "What spell does it have?" He asked softly as I sat down on the couch next to him, the two of us facing each other.
  "It... Has your memories, from my timeline. See, in my timeline the tesseract was safely stored back in Asgard, and you were taken home. But all that is stored right here. I... Please don't let this mess everything up, okay? But you need to tell me that you're ready to have these memories, not because I told you you needed them." I said, and he nodded.
  "I want to know. Ever since I saw you, there's something I needed to know. And that drew me here, my magic lingered with a sense of clarity, something I haven't had in a long time." He said, and I nodded. I took off the ring, taking a deep breath and handing it to him with a shaky hand.
  "Take your time with this." I said softly, watching as he put it on him. He closed his eyes, eyebrows knitted and hands fidgeting. A good fifteen minutes passed, leaving me waiting patiently and anxiously. His eyes then opened, a soft exhale passing through his lips. His blue and green eyes looked into mine, a familiar recognition in them. Tears welled up in my eyes as that same lovestruck expression from midnight conversations and messy cooking sessions showed on his face, the spell had it's full effect on him. The puzzle pieces had been put back together, the book now full of words from start to a never ending finish. A sob full of happy tears left me as his hand cupped my cheeks, a tearful smile growing on his face.
  "I missed you, my love." He whispered, and I laughed softly. My Loki, the one who had my heart from the moment I truly met him, was back. He was right in front of me, no longer the ghost that left feather light touches in my dreams, or the man that screamed in Thanos's grip. I launched myself into his arms, hugging him like it was the last time I'd see him.
  "I missed you too. I missed you so much." I whimpered, feeling his face nuzzle into my neck.
  "I'm here, I've got you. I'm here." He whispered, kissing my forehead and cheek.

"I'm here, and I'm never leaving you alone again."