Nightmares

(Y/n)'s POV

Thunder clapped outside, rain drummed in random rhythms against my bedroom window. I sat in bed, reading a book I hadn't read in awhile. It was almost midnight, and I was currently the only one awake. I was a night owl, prone to staying up while everyone slept. Speaking of other people, two Asgardians slept peacefully in my house, visiting for a while. They told me the Bifrost was yet again destroyed, so I allowed them to stay over. Thor took the couch, Loki took the spare bed. I enjoyed their company, it made my house feel a little less empty. Plus, they enjoyed my cooking, which was good. As I kept reading, thunder shook through the house, and I looked at the time. 12:30. As I closed my book, my door opened. Behind it was Loki, who was wearing a baggy gray t-shirt and black sweatpants.
  "(Y/n)? Can I come in?" He asked. Sleepyness laced his voice, and his eyelids drooped tiredly. I nodded, gesturing for him to sit next to me.
  "You alright Loki? It's late." I asked, putting a gentle hand on his back.
  "I had a gruesome nightmare, my dear. It was too much to bear, so I came to you." He said. I moved closer, hugging him. He leaned into me, releasing a shaky breath.
  "I'm sorry that happened. Would you like to tell me about it?" I asked, rubbing circles on his back.
  "I can. It started with my mother, who as you know passed. But I saw her, I saw her being killed by those deadly elves. I saw the pain in her eyes, in my brother's as he came to late to protect her. But then, it switched to Midgard. A creature I did not recognize came here, and after you. It's teeth........ It's claws....... I was suddenly chained, forced to watch you fight for your life. It tore you apart.......... Your screaming.......... Oh the screaming....." Loki explained, trailing off as tears washed down his face. I held him to me, stroking his hair softly as I hushed him, biting my lip as I pictured it all.
  "It's okay Loki, it's okay. I'm here, I'm safe. It's gonna be okay." I reassured him, hearing his breathing slow as he calmed. Small hiccups came from him, and he sniffled. I moved to sit in front of him, wiping his tears away. He put his hands over mine, and I smiled softly as his eyes met mine.
  "It was just a dream, Loki. As surreal as it may be, it was only a dream. I'm here, I always will be." I said. Loki smiled weakly, wrapping his arms around me.
  "Thank you, (Y/n). If it is alright with you, may I stay here tonight?" He asked. I nodded, and he climbed under the sheets. I snuggled against him, and he sighed softly.
  "Stay here as long as you'd like, love." I whispered, and I blushed as lips met my forehead.
  "Can I stay here forever?" He asked. I giggled, tilting my head to kiss his jaw.
  "If that is what you want, then yes." I replied.
  "Then I will. Goodnight my love." He whispered.
  "Goodnight, my Loki."