~JC~ Unlikely Friend

(You are a creature of Skull Island, and I haven't seen the entire movie so just bear with me. You look like a dragon, but have no wings. Like the picture above.)

Conrad's POV

The team walked along the riverbed, listening carefully for any creatures. I kept my eyes trained on the sky, and the dirt wall beside us.

(Y/n)'s POV

Damn. The cave I had decided to scavenge in had collapsed as I left, which would've been alright, if I was completely out of it. My tail and haunches were pinned painfully under a mountain of rock, and there's no way out of this. I growled in frustration, wiggling as much as I could. Nothing. I roared, letting my upper body rest against the ground with a loud thud.

Conrad's POV

The team listened to the sounds of whatever creature laid ahead, and we poked out heads into a cave.
  "Stay back, it could be dangerous." One of them said. I didn't listen, taking another slow step forward, not wanting to spook it.
  "Conrad, get back!" He whispered yelled.
  "It sounds like it's in destress." I retorted, going closer. The creature saw me, roaring loudly. I put my hands out, getting on a knee to show I didn't mean harm. It growled, seeing my gun. I tossed it to the side, scooting closer.
  "Hey there. I don't want to hurt you. What's wrong?" I said calmly, and it's beautiful (fav color) eyes seemed to calm slightly. It's still bared it's teeth, and from my years of seeing animals, it was female. She growled in warning, and I stopped my approach, lowering myself more. I was close enough to touch now, and she sniffed my hair. I looked up, seeing that she held an unthreatened expression.
  "That's it. Hi darling." I cooed, and she pushed her muzzle slightly into my hand. I softly pet the smooth scales, wonder and liking filling me.
  "Is it safe?" The team asked.
  "She's alright, but I need your help. She's pinned." I said, and they came in. She growled, until I patted her snout.
  "It's okay girl, they're with me." I said. She still seemed weary, but allowed them to help.

(Y/n)'s POV

I liked this creature. He was calm, and had a sense of authority around him. I felt that I could trust him, and for a good reason. His fellow creatures helped me out.

Conrad's POV

She stood up as the last few rocks were removed, shaking dirt off. I expected her to run off, but she stayed, watching me as if waiting for a command.
  "Welp, let's get this show on the road." I said, and we continued out. The creature followed us, seeing to listen like us.
  "I see you have a new friend." Someone joked. I just sighed, scratching her neck.
  "I should name you, dear. You seem to want to stay anyway. How does that sound?" I asked her. She looked down at me, licking my hand.
  "I'll take that as a yes. How about..... (Y/n)?" I asked. She gave a happy noise, her tail wagging.
  "(Y/n) it is." I said. I was suddenly picked up by her mouth, grabbed by the collar and placed on her back. I laughed slightly, holding on.
  "Hey guys, I think she likes me." I said. (Y/n) took me up the dirt wall, getting me a vantage point.

~Time skip~

  "Lay down." I commanded, and (Y/n) obeyed.
  "Good." I said, watching as she crawled to lay behind me. She layed her head down be my side, enjoying the heat of the bonfire. Soon enough she was asleep, purring like a cat.
  "You and I are going to be unlikely friends, my dear." I said, laying against her. Her tail curled around me, and I closed my eyes.
  "Goodnight (Y/n)."