Chapter 8: Home at Last

Megatronus's POV:

I woke up panting again. My air-vents shaky. This time I was greeted with a familiar face. I felt Optimus place his servo on my shoulder. He seemed very concerned.

"Are you alright?" he asked. I nodded my helm. Venting longer to calm myself down. "Was it the same dream?" he asked. I nodded again. He sighed. Suddenly static game from Optimus's com link.

"Optimus! Can you hear me?" Ratchet asked from the other side.

"Finally..." I vented.

"I'm here, Ratchet... Can you send a groundbridge?" he asked.

"I can now..." Ratchet huffed. "It took forever to get this dumb thing working again..." Optimus chuckled. "Sending a groundbridge..." Ratchet announced. And as promised, a groundbridge was sent. Optimus stood from his spot. He held out his servo for me to grab.

"I think we've been here long enough..." Optimus said. I smiled up at him. Nodding before taking hold of his servo. BeeBee was the first to enter the groundbridge. Optimus gently pulled me into the groundbridge and the next thing I knew, I was home. Ratchet ran up to us.

"Are you three okay?" he asked. Optimus took a look at me and BeeBee.

"I think we're fine..." he said. Ratchet sighed in relief.

"Thank the Allspark..." he huffed out. Holding his servo to his chassis. After a short pause, he spoke again. "So, what happened?" he asked. I looked to Bumblebee, who seemed to have already been staring at me. I looked up at Optimus, who seemed to be staring through the ground.

"Soundwave, as well as Starscream, Arachnid and a whole group of vehicons had surrounded us. They were keen on flying off with Megatronus..." Optimus answered. Ratchet sighed.

"That was to be expected..." Ratchet huffed. "As long as you three are okay..."

"I'm going to my room..." I spoke. "Good night..." I waved to the children before returning to my room. As soon as the door closed behind was when I broke. I didn't want to fight with him. I didn't want to hurt Soundwave. I had known him for as long as I could remember. And now, we might as well be known as strangers. If only things were different. If only we lived in peace. I sat down at the edge of my berth, hiding my face with my servos. Venting no longer seemed to help at this moment of distress. I didn't know what to do. How was I suppose to convince Soundwave if he only wanted to fight. I froze at the sound of an opening door. Without checking to see who it was I shouted. "You should really know to knock before asserting yours-" I stopped myself when I realized who I was shouting at. Optimus only stared at me with sad optics.

"Forgive me for budging in so abruptly..." he said. "I only wanted to be sure you were doing alright..."

"N-No... I-I'm sorry for shouting..." I stuttered in response. "I shouldn't have shouted at you..." Despite how safe I felt with him, I was always afraid that he would turn to my master's dark role. I stared at the ground beneath me, hoping my fear wouldn't come true. He got closer, his pedes echoing with every step. I tensed up. Unsure of what his motive was. Would he give me punishment for stepping out of line? For shouting at him? He was a dominant looking figure. I felt him place his servo on my shoulder. I looked up at him, his expression showing high levels of concern and protectiveness. The more I looked at him, the less I feared him. He wasn't very intimidating at all. He seemed kinder when he wasn't fighting.

Optimus's POV:

He seemed a bit frightened. He stopped shouting the moment he realized who I was. Was he afraid that I was going to hurt him? I walked up to him, but the moment I took my first step he held his helm down. His shoulders tensed. I didn't want him to be afraid of me. I wanted him to trust me. At least before he turns back into Megatron. Something I dread to think about. Would he even remember his time as Megatronus? Would his mind even change if he did? I hesitantly placed my servo on his shoulder. He looked up at me, fear in his optics. I wasn't sure what to ask, so I stared for a bit. However, Megatronus slowly seemed to be getting used to my presence the longer he stared. Despite how painful it was going to be, I had to break the silence.

"Was the dream you had any different from the last?" I asked. He thought for a moment. He nodded before speaking.

"Yes, but... most of it stayed the same..." he mumbled.

"What was different?" I asked.

"The seeker... He seemed pleased with my confusion..." he paused to vent. "He...He wasn't as friendly as before..." he said suddenly. This new information wasn't very surprising. Starscream was always keen on trying to over-throw Megatron. Despite his dedication, Starscream would always fail to do so. And I have never been so grateful for someone's failed attempts.

"Was he ever friendly to begin with?" I asked.

"I don't think so..." he confessed. "Though I'm sure he's tried to be..." he added.

"So you're making excuses for him?" I asked, sarcastically. He gave a sad smile. Chuckling softly.

"As if you hadn't made excuses for me..." He bit back. I honestly didn't know what to say to that. Once again, I stared at him, feeling guilty again. "I know you'd never hurt me..." I looked up at him. "But, I know you'd hurt him..." I felt my optics widen.

"You're talking about, Soundwave?" I asked. He shook his helm.

"No, not Soundwave... I'm talking about him..." He repeated. "The person I was before I woke up as... Me..." He said.

"What makes you think-"

"You had held a blade over my helm..." He interrupted me mid sentence. I felt a crack in my spark. That was the last thing I wanted to hear. It's not like I wanted to hurt him. I didn't want to fight a war. I didn't want to fight anyone. But I had to. In order to protect my friends. I hadn't even planned on becoming a Prime either. Nor had I planned to become leader. I grit my teeth.

"I never wanted to..." I muttered. I had suppressed the urge to yell. I so badly wanted to, but I knew I couldn't. Not only do I have to keep my emotions in check, but I also have to make sure not to frighten Megatronus. I vented deeply. Closing my optics to try and focus on the sounds around me. After a moment, I opened my optics again. Only to see that Megatronus was staring at me. He seemed a bit concerned and confused. "I'm sorry..." I spoke, as softly as I could. "I didn't mean to worry you..." His expression didn't change in the slightest. "May I sit?" I asked. He moved to side, giving me room to sit down with him. I sighed. "I know I keep asking, but..." I paused. "Is there any chance you remember anything about Starscream?" He cocked his helm.

"Starscream?" He asked.

"The seeker you keep seeing in your dreams..." I added.

"How do you know his name?" He asked.

"Because he's the only seeker I've seen with you..." I explained. "You seemed to despise him..."

"You think so?" He asked. I nodded in response. "I don't see anything bad about him..." He said.

"Looks can be deceiving..." I spoke. "It's better to judge based on action rather than what you think you know..." I realized my poor choice of words. Though that didn't seem to matter, since Megatronus probably understood what I meant. He nodded to himself.

"Anything else you want to discuss?" He asked. There were many, however I didn't have enough time to chat.

"Later, perhaps..."