Chapter 5: Strange Dreams/Visions

Optimus' POV:

Back on Cybertron, I never once saw Megatron smile. He was always frowning. I don't think anyone gave him a reason to. He seemed to enjoy spending time with the children though. Especially Miko. Which surprised me, since Miko was the last person who seemed to have anything in common with the gladiator. But the more I compared the two, the more I realized that they had the same fighting spirit. They'd both do anything for their friends, but Miko would only threaten to harm her opponents, and Megatron(us) never bluffed when it came to threats. Maybe Miko is the key to bringing out the best in him.

I'm still not used to calling him that: Megatronus. I've gotten used to calling him Megatron, but he doesn't respond well to it. Whenever he hears it, it's like a verbal off switch. He doesn't actually shut down, but he stares. Everyone freaked out the first time it happened. We're still unsure why using that name causes that reaction from him. When he came to, we asked if he was okay, but he himself didn't seem to have the answer either. He never remembers afterwards.

"Optimus?" he spoke from behind me. His voice was shaky, meaning something was on his mind.

"What is it, Megatronus?" I asked.

"Do... you have any medical kits for scraping?" He asked.

"Didn't Ratchet just repair your arms?" I asked.

"That's... why I came to you..." he confessed. I sighed and pulled away from the computer.

"You really need to stop scraping at your arms..." I lectured.

"...m... sorry..." he mumbled. I stared at him arms; he did a lot of damage this time. I grabbed the tools behind me and began to work. "Oh, I was going to do it my--" I continued to work on his arms. He scoffed. "I thought Ratchet was the only medic here?" he teased.

"You pick up a few things from others if you stick around them long enough." I explained. He remained silent after that. I stopped working and held onto his arms. "What's troubling you?" I asked, looking up at him. After a few moments of silence, he finally spoke.

"I... had that same dream again..." he started. "It was... different... this time."

"Different how?" He froze for a moment, seemingly disassociated. "What changed?" I tried again, he finally looked at me.

"The seeker..." he paused. "He wasn't afraid of me like he usual is." Starscream? He never talks much about Starscream. "He seemed very... odd. He seemed friendly, but at the same time he didn't."

"So... You're saying he's acting suspicious?" I asked. He nodded.

"I wasn't entirely sure what his intentions were." that didn't really surprise me.

"Were you still on the ship?" I asked.

"Yeah... But we weren't on Earth. We were on Cybertron." I let go of his arms and rose to my peds.

"Where on Cybertron?" I asked.

"I'm not sure where, but it looked a lot like... Kaon." he whispered the last word, once again staring at nothing. A saddened expression stained his face. I felt my frame stiffen as lubricants ran down his face.

"Megatronus?" He didn't make a sound, only staring at the ground. He doesn't cry often, so I wasn't used to this. I was torn between waiting him out or comforting him. It's been so long since I've had to comfort anyone. It didn't take long to find an answer. His digits twitched, meaning he was going to start scrapping, so I quickly held onto his wrists. "What's wrong?" I asked. I could hear him vent; he was trying to cool himself down. He slowly looked up to meet my optics. I soon realized how tight my grip was on his wrists, so I moved my servos, making sure to gently hold onto his arms. He quickly pulled away, rubbing at his wrists. "Are you okay?" I asked. He only nodded in response. "Okay..." I spoke as softly as I could. I couldn't tell what he was thinking.