Chapter 13: Useless Rescue Mission

Optimus tried anything he could to try and find Megatron's location. Unfortunately, the Decepticon warship was still moving. They'd have to wait until the ship stopped before they could put in the coordinates.

"They probably already went into his memory data..." Ratchet muttered, pacing back and forth. "What were you thinking?! Letting those two go without backup!" He shouted, growling at himself. "I could've prevented this!" The Prime only kept quiet, not wanted to stress the Medic much further. Ratchet suddenly stopped in his tracks. "I-I'm sorry..." He stuttered. Optimus turned to face Ratchet. "This is my fault."

"No. It's no one's fault." He assured him. "Let's just focus on how to get to him back..." He spoke abruptly, looking back towards the screen.

"Prime!" Fowler shouted. "I got eyes on the ship, they look like they bout ready to land."

"Thank you, Fowler." Optimus spoke. "I'll check for his current location..."

(At the Nemesis)

Knockout walked in to see Megatron staring at his computer. "Hey! What are you doing?" He panicked. Megatron rushed backwards as Knockout ran up to the computer to shut it down. "Don't touch that..."

"Why not?" Megatron asked. "You just said I couldn't leave the room. You didn't say I couldn't touch anything..." Knockout paused, feeling stupid.

"What were you doing anyway?" He asked.

"I was only doing some research." The bloke spoke blankly.

"On what?" Knockout cocked his helm.

"On myself..." Megatron replied. Knockout just stared at the gladiator, confused. "You do realize that most of my memory data is blank, right?"

"I-I just thought... With the way you spoke with me before, that you could remember?" Megatron shook his head in response. "I-I see... That would explain why you find it so easy to forgive the autobots..."

"I have no memory of any wrong doings from them... But I'm sure I'll start to remember eventually..." Megatron mumbled. "Even so... They seem to act just like you do... Vengeful and confused... And I know just like you, they have their own reasons for despising us, as you do them."

"Us..." Knockout repeated. "Did you just say us as in you see yourself as one of us?"

"From what I've been told, I've played a big role as a Decepticon." Megatron replied. "I dare not see myself as otherwise."

"Why not? Weren't you just siding with the autobots not too long ago." The medic asked.

"I'd rather not choose to pick a side. But it seems that I have no choice in the matter." Megatron confessed. "If staying here with the Decepticons is what it takes to keep everybot safe, then I'll gladly do so." Knockout couldn't help but smile at that. Despite his aggressive behavior, he knew that deep down Megatron was a good bloke.

"Yeah... Sorry about that... Soundwave can be a bit... Uh... ruthless."

"I would know..." Megatron spoke. "He is an old friend of mine... I've known him longer than you've been online."

"R-right!" Knockout stuttered, once again feeling stupid. Megatron suddenly frowned. "What's is it?" Knockout asked, concerned.

"I feel that something is wrong..." Megatron muttered. Knockout froze in place.

"H-How so...?" He asked. Megatron didn't answer. Suddenly the doors were yanked opened.

"THE AUTOBOTS GOT INTO THE NEMESIS!" the vehicon shouted. "We need to-- Why did you release him from his bindings?!" Before Knockout can answer, Megatron butted in.

"Let me through!" Megatron ordered.

"But-"

"I don't want anyone dying today!" Megatron shouted. Once again interrupting Knockout. "Let me talk to them. I'm sure I can convince them to leave." Megatron was talking to both of them now. Knockout stared at the warrior for a moment, before turning to the clone.

"Move." Knockout ordered. The vehicon did as asked, yet still confused. Megatron rushed through the corridors. His peds echoing with every step. He knew he was going the right way when the firearms were getting louder. It didn't take long for him to spot Optimus.

Optimus's POV:

"Prime!" He shouted, gritting his teeth. "What are you doing?!" His anger almost frightened me.

"Megatron..." I muttered. I held out my servo to him, but he shoved it away. "You need to come back!" I yelped back.

"No!" He snapped back. "You shouldn't have come here!"

"We came here to help you--"

"The only thing you did was cause more problems!!!" He bit back. "You are only proving his point!"

"Who?" I asked. He paused for a moment. We were surrounded by vehicons. I didn't have time to argue.

"Stand down!" He shouted, and the Con's back off. Yet still stood there. "You guys need to leave... Before things get worse..." He hushed.

"But--"

"Just GO!" He shouted. I paused before turning to my friends.

"Let's go..." I ordered.

"What? But-"

"I'm sure he's got everything under control." I contacted Rachet. "Ratchet! We need a ground bridge..."

"Did you find him?" he asked. I froze for a split second.

"Open the ground bridge!" I repeated in a shout.

"You can't be serious?!" Arcee whined. Didn't take long for the bridge to open.

"Go." I ordered. Bulkhead immediately left. Arcee stood there for a moment before stomping back home. I turned to face Megatron one last time. "I hope you know what you're doing...", I spoke before entering the ground bridge.

No one's POV:

Megatron stood at the same spot for a while. Unable to understand the Prime's stupidity. "You told me..." He spoke, meekly. "You told me that I'd be able to convince them to stop fighting." Knockout stared at the gladiator. "Why did you think I needed help?" He asked himself. Knockout could tell that the bloke was angered. Though, he didn't seem to show much hatred that he usually did.

"My liege?" The medic spoke, his voice box shaky.

"Megatron." He spoke. "You may call me by my name. I am no greater than the rest of you..."

"Y-Yes, Megatron." Knockout sputtered. Megatron turned to one of the clones.

"Check for those who have fallen and take them to the med-bay." One of the vehicons gestured to the others to follow. Once they were out of sight, Megatron turned back to Knockout. "Is there a room that I usually reside in?" He asked.

"O-Of course, my l-- M-Megatron! Right this way." He chirped. Megatron swiftly followed behind him, hoping Soundwave wasn't nearby. Unfortunately, he was unaware that Soundwave was following close behind them.

"So... you chose to stay?" he spoke bluntly. Knockout jumped, frightened by Soundwave's sudden appearance. Megatron turned and glared at his old friend.

(At the Autobot Base)

Optimus staggered into base, knowing that he'd have to give an explanation. And as expected, Ratchet, Bumblebee and the children ran up to him, wanting answers. "What happened? Where's Megatron? Is he okay?" Optimus just stood there for a minute. Trying to find the right words to calm his friends. Once he found his answer, he lifted his helm to speak.

"He chose to stay behind..."