Chapter 7: Hide & Seek

Optimus' POV:

Soundwave eventually gave up and flew off. I took the opportunity to try and find the others. "We're here!" Megatron shouted. I turned to face them. Though, it startled me when I noticed that Bumblebee seemed a bit tense. He was questioning something, I could tell. 

"What happened?" I asked. Bumblebee looked up at me, giving me such a strange look. 

"We'll have to talk back at base." He whispered as best as he could. I imagine it'd be hard to do so with a broken voice box. "For now, we better find that relic." I nodded in agreement. 

(Hours later... After what fells like Eons.)

We couldn't find the Relic, so I contacted Ratchet to bring us back to base. "Ratchet, do you read?" I asked. Unfortunately, the only thing I could hear was static.

"What's wrong?" Megatron asked. I tried once again to contact Ratchet. Only to be met with more static. 

"The com link is down." I spoke. 

"Again?!" Bumblebee whined. "Please don't tell me there are more scraplets..." The scout sulked. 

"Scraplets...?" Megatron murmured. "Aren't those the bugs that like to eat you from the inside out?" he asked, his voice sounding shaky. I honestly didn't think that the gladiator would be afraid of such tiny things. Guess I was wrong.

"I suppose that is one way to describe them..." I replied. I turned to Bumblebee, who was shuttering. I remember the sight I saw when Arcee and I finally managed to get back to base. The poor scout was covered in mesh wounds.

"What do we do now?" Megatron asked. I soon noticed his tear-stained face.

"Have you been crying?" I asked. His frame stiffened.

"That doesn't answer my question..." He muttered, seemingly irritated. I turned to Bumblebee for an explanation, since Megatron wasn't in the mood to give one.

"What happened?" I asked. Bumblebee looked back at Megatron, who was staring at the ground. He looked back to me.

"Megatronus just got a little... emotional." he answered. I looked to Megatron; a bit concerned. I didn't think that fighting with Soundwave would upset him. Then again, Soundwave seemed to be his most of concerns when he asked. He definitely didn't like the answer I gave. The gladiator looked up at me with pure confusion and sadness. 

"Why?" he spoke. "Why do we have to fight Soundwave?" he asked. I hesitated for a moment. 

"I had answered you before, have I not?" It was the wrong choice of words, but I couldn't think of any other way to ask. I winced as he glared at me with such... anger. I hated that expression. I hate that it was directed at me. I hated it.

I hate it...

He vented, trying his best to calm himself. He looked down, still glaring with his arms crossed. "I want to go home..." he muttered. I wasn't sure which place he meant when he said home.

It didn't take long for Soundwave to return with backup. Megatron jumped back, startled. Vehicons landed behind the mute spy. Starscream walked up beside him. Starscream practically shrieked when he laid hi optics on...

"L-Lord Megatron?!" He yelped. The moment he spoke that name, Megatron froze. It was happening again. His optics flickered off and on, until the lights were completely gone. Soundwave tilted his helm, just as confused as the others. 

"Megatronus!" Soundwave repeated. The voice was unfamiliar to me. Starscream looked up at him as if he was crazy. 

"Wait, what?!" he choked. "Isn't that his old designation?" The seeker asked. Soundwave didn't answer, only staring at Megatron. I got out my blades the moment he took a step. Bumblebee got out his own weapons. We both stood in from of the gladiator. Soundwave stopped after a few steps.

"I WANT- Megatron?!_ back..." Soundwave spoke with the voices he recorded back on the ship, as well as what he's recorded now.

"He's gone! The mech you're searching for is no longer here." I exclaimed. "Go take flight somewhere else..." I growled. 

"Oh, really?" I glanced over to see a black and purple femme. "That expression of his says otherwise~" she hissed. 

"Get lost, you BUG!" Bumblebee shouted. The femme cackled. The troops got into fighting position. 

"Says the one named Bumblebee..." she remarked. She took a glance at Soundwave, who nodded in response. She grinned, as if she anticipated this moment. They all got out their weapons. 

Megatron's POV:

I was panicking one moment, and the next thing I knew... I woke up in Soundwave's grasp. Before he was struck back with firepower. I turned to my helm to see who had aimed at him. 

"Optimus!" I yelped in shock. "What is going-"

"Come on!" he interrupted, pulling me by the arm. We sped through the canyon, and soon I realized who we were missing. 

"Where's BeeBee?!" I gasped. 

"This way." he replied. I could hear lazershots from behind me. The sounds faded the further we got. Eventually, we stopped. I would've fallen on my face if Optimus hadn't had a hold of me. He pushed me back against the wall, holding me down with one arm. Using the other to hold up his cannon, ready to shoot if he had to. Eventually he pulled away. I looked around and noticed my friend who was laying on his side, wincing in pain.

"BeeBee!" I yelped. The scout whined. 

"Why'd you wake me...?" he asked, sounding irritated. 

"Sorry..." I whispered. "Are you okay, Bud?" I asked, my voice was as shaky as ever. He nodded, then proceeded to recharge. 

"Megatronus..." Prime spoke softly. "Maybe you should try and rest too. I'll watch over you two while you recharge." he promised. That didn't sound so bad, but there was something that bothered me. 

"That doesn't seem fair to you...?" I mumbled. "Shouldn't you charge too?" I asked. 

"I'll be fine." he promised. "Now rest." He spoke as calmly as he could. Which would be hard, considering the situation we're in. I sat next to Bumblebee, leaning my helm against the stone walls of the canyon. My frame wanted to rest, but my mind was telling me otherwise. I was afraid. I was afraid that something might happen when I close my lids. What if something goes wrong? What if something happened to Optimus? All I know is that if something does go wrong, that it would be my fault. 

I looked at Optimus to catch him staring at me, rather concerned. Oh! Yeah. He wanted me to rest. I tried my best to clear my thoughts, like Raph taught me to. Breathe in and out. I remember when Raph first tried to demonstrate what 'breathing' was. I remember asking him what he was doing. I asked what it felt like to breathe. Apparently, it's similar to venting. Which is something I rarely did. I only did it when I needed to cool down my systems. Which is why I found it silly when Raph told me that humans have to vent constantly in order to survive. 

I was eventually able to ease my thoughts, making it easier to charge. And once again, I fell into a state of stasis the moment I closed my optics.