Chapter 16: Unpleasant Memories

Megatron finally started to allow Soundwave to accompany him while he did his research. At first, he wasn't very comfortable with being monitored, but then Soundwave began to help him with his research. Mostly because he wanted Megatron to regain his memories as soon as possible so that they could move forward. Unfortunately, nothing was coming to him, not yet anyway. "Maybe I need to travel a bit...?" he asked himself, out loud.

"Travel." Soundwave repeated.

"Why do you keep doing that?" he asked. "I know you have a voice."

"We must not speak of this..." Megatron froze at the sound of his own voice. "If it is too difficult to keep quiet, stick with the visor if you wish to speak."

"Speak of what?" he asked. Soundwave kept silent, he refused to answer.

"Travel." he repeated again, before shutting down the computer. Soundwave gestured for Megatron to follow. Using his visor, he opened up a ground bridge and gestured for Megatron to enter. Megatron did as instructed, and the mute had followed close behind him. As soon as they entered to the other side, Soundwave had closed the ground bridge. Upon arrival, he immediately recognized where he was.

"The Dark Energon Canyon...?" He mumbled. Soundwave pointed to the top of the canyon, and went into vehicle mode to fly up onto the ledge.

"Come." Soundwave repeated.

"I... I don't know how to fly..." Megatron confessed.

"Just climb..." Knockout's voice was easily recognizable. Megatron did as asked. Once he was at the top, he decided to look down. Which would seem like a big mistake.

(Suddenly he could see Optimus and Ratchet. They were struggling to fight what the humans would consider... zombies? Cybertronian zombies. Megatron was suddenly standing in front of a sealed case of dark energon. He grabbed a shard and lifted it up before piercing his own spark with it.)

Megatron gasped, and was sent back into reality. Panting and confused. For a split second, he could feel the sharp pain that he inflicted upon himself. He placed shaky servo over his chasis.

"What... was that...?" He muttered.

"What did you see?" He asked. Megatron was surprised that Soundwave decided to use his real voice. "Are you alright?" He asked, placing a servo on Megatron's shoulder. He quickly flinched away.

"Don't touch me..." He growled. Soundwave took a step back. There was a small pause. "So now you use your voice...?" He scoffed. Soundwave didn't respond. "Just... Take me back to the ship..." He ordered, hugging himself. Soundwave did as told and soon Megatron found himself back on the ship, with Soundwave only a few ticks behind him. "Thank you..." He mumbled. Walking towards his room, he could hear ped steps rushing towards.

"Megatron!" Knockout huffed. "Your vitals showed signs of very high stress. What happened?" Megatron froze.

"Why were you watching my vitals?" He asked. Knockout stiffened.

"W-Well... I'm the only doctor on this ship. I-I feel as though I should be watching out for everyone's health." He stuttered. Megatron didn't see anything wrong with that. Ratchet did the same with him when he was with the autobots.

"Alright..." He spoke. "Well, I was only stressed because of a new memory I've received."

"A new memory?" The medic repeated. "What happened?" He asked, turning his attention to Soundwave.

"Maybe I need to travel a bit...?" Soundwave repeated. Megatron groaned at the sound of his own voice.

"I see..." Knockout spoke. "Uh... Megatron?" Megatron turned in response to his name. "Would you like to accompany me to meet with St3v3? He seems to be struggling with the latest... project." Megatron nodded.

"Lead the way." Knockout seemed pleased with his answer. It was nice being treated like an actual person for once. He wasn't sure if he wanted to get used to it though. If Megatron was gaining back his memory data so quickly, he didn't want to get too attached. He frowned at the thought.

(At the Autobot Base)

"Any Decepticon activity?" Wheeljack asked.

"Two signals were tracked earlier this morning." Ratchet replied. "Other than that, nothing happened."

"Nothing threatening at least..." Arcee commented.

"I am certain that Soundwave may be waiting for Megatron to regain his memories before they decide on anything drastic." Ratchet claimed.

"Or... maybe Megatron is trying to keep things civil." Jack suggested. Ratchet scoffed in response.

"That is a possibility." Optimus stated. Arcee rolled her optics. Only Jack and Bumblebee noticed, but there was no point in causing drama.

"Well we can't know for certain what any of these strut's intentions are at the moment!" Ratchet snapped. Just as he finished his sentence, Fowler called in.

"Prime!" He announced. "You mind telling me what this is about?" Fowler proceeded to show what appeared to be a wrangled mess of parts.

"Is that...?" Arcee spoke.

"An Insecticon..." Ratchet finished.

"A what-icon?" Miko

"Whatever happened to it... It looks like it's been clawed to death..." Jack commented.

"Who could've done this?" Raf asked.

"What's it matter?" Wheeljack asked. "It's just another bug."

"If something or someone were to do this to the Insecticon, then they could just as well do the same to us." Optimus answered. "We have to make sure whoever did this is not a threat to the creatures of Earth."

"Well you better get moving!" Fowler ordered. "I don't wanna get to know the creep who did this." And with that, Fowler disappeared off screen.

"Wouldn't blame him." Arcee spoke. "It's not the first time the guy got kidnapped by 'Cons."

"Arcee. Bumblebee. Do you mind accompanying me in search of this possible threat?" Optimus asked.

"I don't mind." Bumblebee beeped.

"Lead the way..." Arcee sighed. Ratchet set the coordinates and opened up the ground bridge.

"Autobots." Optimus announced. "Roll out!"

(On the Nemesis)

Soundwave tapped Megatron who turned around in response. Using his visor, he showed his leader the Insecticon sight. His optics widen upon noticing all the claw marks.

"Where is this?" He asked. Soundwave showed the location of the sight. He turned to the medic. "Knockout."

"Y-Yes?" He replied.

"Soundwave and I need to check for a possible threat. Do you mind coming with us, just in case someone needs a medic?" Knockout tensed. "I understand if you are busy."

"A possible threat." He whispered to himself. "I'm... I'm not busy. But-- I don't want to fight anything."

"No one is asking you to fight." Megatron reassured him. "I only ask just in case any of us is injured during our search."

"What if I get injured?" He asked.

"Then Soundwave will immediately summon a ground bridge for us and I'll make sure we all make it through." Megatron promised. Knockout paused for a moment.

"Alright. I'll go."