Chapter 4: Warming up to the Team

Megatronus' POV:

I could hear them arguing from my room. From what I heard, apparently, I had torn out the scout's voice box. They were loud, but not as bad as the people in Kaon. At least they weren't hurting each other. They were only yelling. Though, each time they got louder, I was afraid that they'd start to get physical. Eventually the yelling stopped, and for me, the silence was the scariest thing so far. I laid my helm against the wall, closing my optics. I opened them again once I heard the door open. Optimus walked into the room.

"Are you doing alright?" he asked. I didn't answer and kept my optics on the ceiling above me. I heard him sigh, and the sound of his peds got louder the closer he got. He reached out to try and comfort me, but I shooed him away before he could touch me. "Did... I upset you?" he asked. I stayed silent. I was upset, yes, but not at him. "I'm--"

"--It's not you..." I cut him off. He opened his mouth to speak, but I had something I needed to get out of my chassis. "Whatever I did... It hurt all of you badly..." I started. "Now your scout can only see me as a monster..." My optics grew heavy. I shouldn't be so soft. There's no point in crying. I closed my optics again. "He hates me, and I'll never be able to take back what I did to him..." I finally looked at the Prime. There it was again, that stupid worthless pity.

"Stop looking at me that way..." I growled. He grew confused.

"What are you--"

"I know that look... All too well... the face of worthless pity..." I muttered. He looked down at the ground, trying his best to avoid my gaze. That expression... Why am I feeling so bad? Since when have I gotten so soft? I vented deeply. I can't show weakness. Not in front of a Prime. I sat up straight. I didn't realize how close he had gotten until he wrapped his arm around me. This time, I didn't push him away. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't stop my optics from leaking lubricants. Why can't I keep my composure? It was then I realized that this was the first time anyone had shown me affection. Without thinking, I wrapped my own arms around the Prime. Once I held on, I didn't want to let go. We had stayed in that position for a while. For a moment, the silence no longer scared me. I chuckled quietly. "You... You really are different from them..." I smiled up at him. "Thank you... for sparing me." He only gave a sad smile. I pulled away from him.

"Would you like to try and talk with Bumblebee?" He asked suddenly. I tensed.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" I asked. "He wasn't so fond of me before."

"I know... I'll have to have a talk with him first." he cut in. "If I managed to convince him to at least talk with you, would you be okay with speaking with him?" I sat there for a moment. What would be the point? It's not like he'd want to hear what I had to say. But if we don't get this complication sorted out... It'd probably be better to try and reason with him.

"Of course." I responded. He nodded.

"I'll go speak with Bumblebee." he spoke softly, before turning to leave. I watched as the door closed behind him, hiding him from view, before I once again placed my helm to the wall. I waited for a while. Thinking of all the ways I could apologize for the damaged I had done. I thought about all of the possible outcomes that may or may not take place.

It didn't take long for Optimus to come back. Bumblebee was standing right beside him. "I asked if he wanted to try and talk to you, he says he doesn't mind..." Optimus explained. "I think it'd be best if you two talked things out..." He suggested. Bumblebee just glared. "I'll be right outside." He promised, the door shutting behind him as he left. I tensed with each step the scout took to get closer. Though, he seemed hesitant to do so.

"You do realize that I can't forgive you, right?" He beeped, crossing his arms. I nodded.

"I wasn't expecting you to..." I mumbled. I jolted up the moment he sat next to me. I struggled to even look at his face. He gave a strange expression, I couldn't quite read it.

"What? You scared of me or something?" He mocked. I gave an awkward smile.

"N-No. It's just... I wasn't expecting you to get so close." I confessed. He beeped in amusement. There was a sudden pause.

"So... You really can't remember anything?" He asked. I shook my helm in response, and kept quiet. "You don't talk much..." He announced.

"I'm... not familiar with this social thing..." I confessed. Now it was his turn to give an awkward smirk. I couldn't see his whole face, but his optics said everything. "You..." I started. Should I even asked? "What am I to you?" I asked anyway. He tilted his head in confusion. "What do you think of me?"

"I-I..." He paused. "I'm not sure what to think of you." He answered. "I-I hate you... I feel bad for you..." I only frowned. There wasn't much to say, as I expected. "Y-You... You took my voice away! And our home is destroyed! I-I..." I had to look away, I couldn't risk showing weakness. "That's not what you wanted... I know it isn't..." I looked to see is optics begin to leak. I could feel the lubricants start to leak from my own optics. "I just want to go home..." He whined.

"But... You are home, aren't you?" I asked. He looked up at me, confused. "Isn't Earth your new home?" He smiled. Tried to... at least. I could see his smile in his optics.

No one's POV:

Optimus was standing just outside of Megatron's room. He wasn't sure whether or not he should be upset or relieved. He was concerned for the reason why Bumblebee had been able to talk to "Megatronus", yet unable to talk to the rest of the team. Either way, he was glad that Megatron was able to cheer Bumblebee up though.

Megatronus and Bumblebee talked for hours. Sharing stories of their life on Cybertron. They spoke of what they liked and disliked about their old lives. Optimus wasn't the type to eavesdrop, but the topic interested him. He heard Ratchet yell and looked in that direction. Bulkhead had once again accidentally destroyed one of his tools. Bulkhead had been doing that a lot lately. Mostly to try and impress the children. A smile sneaked onto the Prime's face.

Eventually Megatronus' room grew quiet. He looked towards the door. He could see Bumblebee through the thin glass. The scout knocked. Optimus opened the door, finding Megatron was standing right behind Bumblebee. The old gladiator was actually smiling. Optimus had never seen him so happy.

"Would you like to spend time with the others?" Prime asked. Megatron smiled eagerly. Optimus held in the urge to laugh. "This way." He ordered. Megatron follow behind Bumblebee to the main base.

Megatronus' POV:

I was very nervous, unsure if the others were okay with my presence. They may not be, but either way, I can't exactly leave. Eventually the two stopped, that's when I looked up. I gasped slightly when I realized that Optimus was smiling at me. I looked around to everyone else staring. I've always hated being the center of attention. I held onto one of my arms. I was starting to get uncomfortable.

"What's wrong?" He asked. "You seemed very excited to meet everyone when I asked." I opened my mouth to tell him to silence himself, but immediately decided against it. I was talking to a Prime after all. I could feel my face plates heating up.

The green crusher chuckled. "Never really saw Megatronus as a shy type." I smirked, covering my mouth to prevent a laugh from escaping my voice box. "He's got a good sense of humor too!" Pft! I really liked this guy. I failed to keep myself from chuckling.

"Hey..." Ratchet started. "Sorry for--" I raised my servos to let him know I was fine.

"There is no need to apologize." I assured. "I understand that this is all... Confusing." I paused. "I'm confused too." I jolted when I heard something open.

"Hey, Big Guy!" I turned to see the young human female. "You feel any better?" She asked. I nodded. "That's good!" I smiled. The young female was very energetic. I remember being the same way when I was first created. I was naive then.

"Um... What was your de- um... Your name again?" I asked. She pouted and crossed her arms.

"It's Miko... Mi-- ko..." She mocked.

"My apologies... Mi-- ko?" The name sounded strange to me. "Miko..." I repeated. She snorted, seemingly amused. "What kind of war cry was that?" I teased. She went into a giggling fit. I adored her. I felt myself grin. I think... I think I can used to this.