Chapter 2: Answering Questions

Megatronus' POV:

I stayed in my new room for I don't know how long. Sitting in the same spot, with nothing to write about. I never really saw myself as an artist either. Despite that, I had made some doodles on an empty file. I didn't like how they looked, but I worked too hard on them to just delete the file. I kept scribbling and drawing circles over and over again, until I finally decided to shut the pad off. I sat the pad on the berth before standing up to stretch. It was then I realized that I had been using my voice box. 

I was wondering why I could hear music. I didn't realize how much I enjoyed singing. I wasn't very good at it, but I enjoyed doing it. I continued until Orion came back to my room. "How are you?" he asked calmly. It was no smile, but it was better than a glare. 

"A little bored..." I confessed. He seemed to notice that my mood had changed. At first, I saw him as a threat, now he just seems like a nuisance. What did he want from me anyway? 

"You seem... upset." He stated coldly. I only shrugged in response. "I heard you singing before I came in here." Orion announced. I rolled my optics, getting more agitated as he spoke. "You have a very nice voice." 

"Get to the point." I barked. For a second I thought I saw him flinch. He probably did. I didn't really care either way. He sighed. 

"We need to ask you a couple questions." I raised a brow, giving a doubtful look. I didn't want to be surrounded by the same bots who aimed their weapons at me. He seemed to notice my discomfort, because he grew more nervous the longer it took me to give an answer. Why would they want anything to do with me? I'm just a rebel slave. They'd be better off to deactivate me here and now. 

"I don't get a say in this, do I?" I asked expectantly, crossing my arms. He shook his head in response, giving me an awkward smile. If you could even call it a smile. I groaned. "Fine." I growled, waiting for the mech to take the lead. He seemed relieved. Good for him.

I stayed behind him, my arms still crossed. I knew they were going to ask questions I most likely wouldn't have the answers to. When I first showed up, they saw me as a threat. When I first woke up again, Orion had his blade held high, ready to slash. I have no memory of hurting anyone, besides my opponents at the arena. I jumped back upon realizing that I'd almost ran into Orion. I didn't notice that he stopped moving. I stood beside him. "He's here." he announced. 

"Good." Ratchet exclaimed. I remember Ratchet. "We have some questions for you." I nodded, to tell them that I would try and cooperate. "What is the last thing you remember?" he asked. I almost laughed. Didn't I answer this question before? I wasn't going to answer it again. 

"I remember Orion holding a blade above my helm." I spoke coldly, my arms crossed tighter. No one seemed to like that response. Ratchet sighed. 

"Before that... what can you remember?" he retorted. I looked to Orion; a scoff left my voice box. "I thought I already gave you that answer?" I asked.

"We'd like to hear it from you." I turned helm to meet the femme's optics. Her tone was stern and aggressive. It would probably be best not to anger her. Or any of them. I closed my optics, careful not to roll my optics again. 

"Fine." I growled. "The last thing I remember is exiting the arena after my final fight with the beast. I was heading toward the Council until Orion stopped me to talk and ask questions." I was looking at the ground now, no longer making eye contact. "I can't remember much after that." I finished. 

"So, you don't remember anything about the war?" The femme asked. I froze. There was a war? Soundwave did mention some plans for us to win in a war. I finally shook my helm in response. 

"You sure you don't remember me?" I looked up at a young, yellow scout. He seemed angry. Now that he mentions it, he does seem familiar, awfully familiar. 

"I... recognize you... Wait-- What happened to your voice box?" I asked. He didn't seem to like that question. He pouted and stomped off. What was he so upset about? Did I offend him somehow?

"Megatronus," Ratchet spoke. "Are you sure there is nothing else you remember?" he asked. I decided to try and think back. Was there something I was missing? All I can think about was... No... I don't want to think about that right now. But what if that's the reason they're so upset? All the death I've seen, the blood I spilled. All the people I was forced to deactivate. A stinging pain held a tight grip on my spark. Once again, my optics threatened to leak lubricants. "Megatronus?" I felt Orion's servo touch my shoulder and I panicked. The lubricants started to leak from my optics. 

"I need to go..." I mumbled, before turning back to my new room. I didn't want them to see me look any weaker than I already was. I heard the door shut behind me. I immediately went to sit at my berth. I didn't realize that someone had followed me, until I heard the door open again. I couldn't stop myself from shaking. I held one of my servos to my mouth to keep silent. The other was trying desperately to cover my spark. Orion tried to put a servo on my shoulder, I flinched and pushed him away immediately. 

"What's wrong." he asked. I removed my servo from my mouth but kept it near my face. 

"Everything..." I muttered. "Everything is wrong..." I couldn't help but laugh. Since when did anyone care about how I felt? Why does it matter now? My laughter slowly turned into sobbing. "Why are you being so nice to me?" I whimpered.  I didn't bother to look at him. I didn't want to see how he was looking at me. I crossed my arms to cover my chassis. I didn't expect him to answer me. 

"Because no one else will..." He confessed. I leaned back against the wall. The room remained silent for a while. Until he finally decided to speak up. "Do you... want me to leave?" he asked. Did it really matter? I'm not used to being in control of my surroundings. I finally looked in his direction. The look he's giving me, I hate that stupid worthless pity. Then again, I don't think I could handle being left alone again. "N-Not really..." I finally spoke. I paid close attention to his expression, unsure of what he was thinking. "I don't expect you to stay either way..." 

"I'll stay for as long as I can." he spoke. "I can't guarantee I'll be able to stay overnight." I wasn't sure what to think of his answer. 

"You're okay with staying with me? A rebel slave?" Orion frowned. 

"You are no slave." he spoke. "Not anymore." 

"What is that supposed to me--"

"Just rest... You seem tired." Orion interrupted, leaning back on the wall with me. Rest. I can definitely obey that order. I leaned my helm against the wall, and swiftly drifted off to charge. For a split second, I thought I felt someone hold my servo, before my mind completely shut down.