Chapter 6: That Familiar Smile

No one's POV:

The alarm went off. Agent Fowler's face appeared on screen. "Prime! We have a situation!" he started. "A group of 'Cons have been spotted near the Dark Energon Graveyard." Fowler then proceeds to show live footage of the Decepticons. Optimus only glared at the screen. 

"What do you think they're trying to do there?" Bulkhead asked. Megatron had just left his room, upon hearing the alarm. The 'Bots heard his peds. 

"What's going on?" he asked, anxiously. 

"The 'Cons are back." Fowler answered. "Do you know anything that could help us?" Megatron thought for a moment. 

"Well... last time they tried to find some kind of energy source." he started. "Maybe they're trying to find something to activate that device they were working on." Optimus turned to Megatron; optics widened. 

"What device?" he asked. Optimus asked in a stern tone. Everyone looked at each other. 

"Did... no one tell him?" Megatron asked. Optimus stood beside him, waiting for an answer. When no one responded, he looked to Megatron. 

"Since no one wants to answer, why don't you tell me about this device?" he asked.

"Well... They said something about a hidden relic that they planted on the Earth years ago?" he started. "I believe they were talking about when they fought off-planet?" Optimus turned to Ratchet.

"Ratchet." he spoke. "Do you remember when... he... reanimated the dead?" he asked. 

"How could I not?" he retorted. 

"Do you think that those same warriors were the ones who hid this Hidden Relic?"

"That wouldn't be impossible..." Ratchet places a digit on his chin. "But even so... How do the Decepticons know where to look if none of us have even heard of it?" he asked. 

"That's what we're trying to figure out." Bulkhead teased. Ratchet pointed a digit at Bulkhead. 

"Don't get smart with me, Wrecker!" Ratchet snapped. 

"Hey! watch the nicknames, Buster!" Miko barked back. 

"All of you better hush up!" Fowler shouted. "We ain't got time for bickering!" Everyone looked up to the screen. The Agent huffed in frustration. "Now that we know where to look for this... Hidden Relic, why don't you try and find it before the 'Cons do?" he demanded.

"Understood." Optimus spoke. Fowler's face disappeared off screen. Optimus turned to Megatron. "Megatronus, since you seem to know more than we do, would you be willing to accompany us on our search?" he asked. Megatron nodded in response. Optimus turned to the others. "Arcee. You and Bulkhead watch over the kids while we search for this Relic." he ordered. Gesturing towards Bumblebee and Megatron. 

"Why can't I go?" she asked. 

"You had just started recovering from the last mission." Optimus replied. "You need to rest." Arcee crossed her arms, pouting. "Ratchet. Open a ground bridge to the Dark Energon Graveyard." he ordered. 

"On it." And with that, a ground bridge was opened.

Arcee's POV:

This is starting to get ridiculous. He tells everyone else that they should take better care of themselves, yet he's refused to get an ounce of recharge. It got worse when he first brought Megatron here. Now all he ever does is work.

Another thing that bugs me is the fact that Optimus has yet to question Megatron. It's as if he's completely forgotten about the damage he had inflicted on all of us. He treats him like he's some saint. I understand that he has no memory of it, but he's hurt all of us. Most of our friends are dead. Our home is gone! And yet, Optimus thinks we could all just forget about the whole thing? Not a chance! 

One thing's for sure. Megatron isn't going to stay like this forever. He's going to remember everything eventually, and what happens then? Does Prime not realize what could possibly go wrong here? Either way, I'm not going to be the one to tell him: I told you so. I watched the three as they left. I kept staring until they disappeared into ground bridge. 

Megatron's POV:

This is my second mission outside of base. It's my first mission that involved the Decepticons. Last time, we just needed to find more energon. Hopefully, I don't have to fight anyone today. I hadn't fought since I left the arena. And to be honest, I don't think I want to fight again. There's no point in fighting. Plus, I don't want to kill anyone again. 

"Hey, Megs?" Bumblebee beeped. "Are you okay?" I nodded in response. "You just seem distracted."

"I'm just... thinking." I replied. 

"About what?" he asked, tilting his helm. Optimus looked at me, seeming just as curious. 

"I'm just... nervous." I confessed. 

"About what, friend?" The Prime asked. I glanced at him, but immediately shifting my optics to the ground.

"Last time I came to one of these missions, we got attacked by a group of vehicons." I explained. I turned my helm to Bumblebee. "I don't feel like fighting anyone." I mumbled, once again looking down towards the ground.

"I don't think anyone would want to fight." Prime spoke calmly. "Most prefer to do without violence." I looked up at him, trying to keep my focus on him. Which was easier to do, since he was smiling at me. 

The peace didn't last though. We all jumped at the sound of movement. Optimus and BeeBee got out their weapons. I was the only one who hadn't. Like I said, I really didn't want to fight today, but I have to do something. I can't just stand here. I heard something... someone land behind me. I turned around, panicked. My optics widened when I saw who it was. 

"Soundwave..." I muttered. I felt someone grip my shoulder. 

"Megatronus!" Prime shouted. "Let's-"

"Megatronus!" Soundwave repeated. Optimus stiffened, pushing me behind him. Did Soundwave... use the audio he recorded to speak? Why isn't he using his own voice box?

"Come on, Buddy..." Bumblebee beeped. He dragged me by the arm and pulled me behind one of the boulders with him.

"That was Soundwave!" I whispered. "Why is he here?" I asked. He flinched back, removing his servo from my frame. I didn't want to fight Soundwave. I didn't want to fight anyone today. We should have been more careful!

"Uh..." he beeped. He started panicking and frantically looked around for... something, whatever he was looking for. He looked back at me. "Please don't cry!" he begged. Cry? I wiped at my face and realized that I was leaking lubricants. I continued to wipe my face to dry these 'tears.' Is that what Raph called them?

"My apologies." I whispered. I looked up at him, trying my best to smile. "I didn't mean to worry you, friend." I promised. I flinched when Optimus yelled out in fury. I almost jumped upon seeing Soundwave being thrown to the other side of the canyon. He glanced at me for a moment, before continuing to slash at the Prime. Bumblebee tried to get me to back up, out of sight, but I refused to move. I grimaced with every slash and kick the two inflicted against each other with. I couldn't stop watching, the whole scene was tense, yet strangely exciting. I was starting to realize why so many people came to watch me fight my opponents back in the arena. It was entertaining, almost funny... I felt myself start to grin. I felt wrong to, but I couldn't... stop... smiling.

"Megatronus!" I was snapped back into reality. I looked back at the young scout. He only stared at me. his optics filled with fear, concern, and confusion. I shook my helm to try and remind myself what we came here for. The Relic. We needed to find the Hidden Relic. 

Bumblebee's POV:

"We should figure out where to find the Relic." he spoke sternly. He's seriously starting to freak me out. What was that face? That smile? What was he smiling about? He did that last time, when we were fighting the 'Cons on the last mission. He seemed to enjoy the fight, and he wasn't even fight. Just watching. I recall the 'old Megatron' making that same expression. Such an evil expression. I'll have to report this back to Optimus when we get back to base. This is starting to freak me out.