Chapter 3: New Home

Megatronus' POV:

I woke up, panting. I can't remember what I saw, but all I knew was that it scared me. A nightmare, maybe? I was surprised that I was laying down on my back. I was sure I was leaning against the wall. Did Orion reposition me? It didn't matter. I was online now. I looked around my room. He was nowhere to be seen. Which was fine, I was feeling a lot better now. I soon realized the new device in the corner of my room. It looked like some sort of small computer. I decided not to mess with it, at least not until I find out what it is.

I walked out of the room, only to find Orion waiting right outside the door. He seemed saddened. "What's... wrong?" I asked quietly. He gave a small, sad smile.

"I bet you weren't given much of a choice when you entered the arena." I froze. What did he mean by that?

"I...No. We weren't given much of a choice." I responded. "But it was the only way we could get people's attention." Orion frowned.

"You'd never hurt anyone... Not willingly..." I silently laughed at that. Of course, I'd never willing hurt someone. If anything, I'd only be able to hurt or deactivate someone in blind rage. Then again, if I had the chance, I'd definitely try to deactivate all of the High Council. But I know I'm not strong enough to fight them on my own, not without risk of deactivation. "Um..." I looked up at Orion. "I know this is a strange request, but... can..." he paused. "May I see your spark?" He asked. I stared as he began to scratch the back of his neck again. He wasn't wrong. It really was a strange request.

I questioned his motives, but so far, he hasn't done anything to earn my distrust. "Sure...?" I opened my spark chamber, confused of why he'd want to see my spark. I heard him gasp, silently. I looked to see covering his mouth in shock. "Wha?"

"It- It's cracked..." he whispered to himself. I just stood there, frozen. Though it didn't surprise me that my spark was cracked. What surprised me was the fact that he hadn't known. Most gladiators had to deal with a cracked spark. It was normal in Kaon, due to the abuse of our masters.

"Y-Yeah." I stuttered. "I didn't think you'd find that surprising, though..." I confessed. He gave me a look of disbelief.

"What do you mean?" He asked, clearly confused.

"I mean- it's normal for gladiators to exit the training room with a cracked spark. Especially in Kaon..." I explained. "My-- Our masters weren't exactly friendly." I could hardly read Orion's expression. Angry, disgusted, perhaps guilty? I closed my spark chamber. That glare of his almost makes it seem like it could shatter my spark with one glance.

"What is their name?" he asked, his tone heated. What did he mean by?

"Name?" I asked. I wasn't entirely sure what a name was.

"Uh- Sorry! I meant their...designation." I thought about it. I couldn't really remember my master's designation. I barely even used it.

"Uh...I-I..." I wasn't sure how to answer. I wanted to tell him, but I couldn't remember. "I-I barely even used his..." I paused. "Why can't I remember?" I growled. Now, I was getting frustrated.

"Don't-- worry about it..." He muttered. I looked up to see him scowl. "He's probably dead by now." Dead? What does that mean? I couldn't tell what he was thinking. I went to grab his servo, but he pulled away again. "Anyway, the team all want a chance to get to know you...again." Surprising, considering they wanted to deactivate me the first time we've met. "They were worried after yesterday." he stated. Were they really worried? I find that hard to believe. Another expression I couldn't read on his face, he seemed concerned. He looked up at me. "The natives of this planet... They are here today."