Chapter 29: Take a Break

Knockout finally managed to get Megatron to refuel. He let the brute charge while he worked on another small project. Ravage laid near the berth, and watched Knockout do his thing. The medic didn't even realize that Starscream had stumbled in. "Is he okay?" Knockout stopped and turned to see the intruder.

"Yes. His energon levels are no longer low." Knockout returned to his work. "Thank Primus I decided to scanned him. If I hadn't checked he would've been in the red zone by now."

"Did you figure out why he decided to--"

"Unicron." Knockout interrupted. "The dark energon has negatively affected him in more ways than one." The medic looked to Starscream's chassis. "Has he been bothering you at all?" He asked. "I know you once pierced your spark with the shard you stole from him." The seeker's wings lowered.

"I-I forgot about that..." Starscream stuttered. "B-But no." He answered. "I removed the shard after the whole... arm incident. The only reason Megatron is still online is because Bumblebee gave back the shard. Which I find to be very strange."

"I don't think that was Bumblebee." Knockout stated. "Anyways, Megatron claims that Unicron has been speaking to him in his dreams. Tormenting him and often threatening to harm one of us if he doesn't comply."

"Comply to what?"

"Whatever Unicron wants from him." The medic answered. "Megatron never specified what." The three Cons looked up at the sound of panting. Megatron's optics and servos twitched slightly, . "Another nightmare...?" Knockout whispered, walking up to Megatron. He placed his servo on top of Megatron's, until he completed stopped moving. The medic sighed in defeat. "Can't catch a break, can you?" He hushed. He pulled away and returned to his work.

Megatron began to stir, he yawned, loud enough to only catch Starscream's attention. The Decepticon Leader stretched out as he sat up. "Starscream?" He mumbled. "When did you show up?"

"Not too long ago." He replied.

"Rise and Shine, Silver Beauty~" Knockout cooed.

"Please don't call me that..." He groaned. Ravage jumped up on top of Megatron's lap, making himself comfortable. "Hey, Ravage." He greeted, as he began petting the feline.

"Starscream was worried about you." Knockout claimed.

"I-I wasn't worried!" He lied. "I knew he'd be alright!" Megatron smiled at the seeker, which made his wings flutter. He wasn't used to being looked at with such fondness, especially from Megatron.

"How is your calf?" Megatron asked.

"Well, I can walk on it." Starscream started
"It's still uncomfortable to do so, but not as painful." Ravage hopped off Megatron's lap and pawed at the door. Starscream sighed in annoyance. "We seriously need to install automatic doors." The seeker planted his servo on the scanner and as soon as the door opened, Ravage was gone.

"I could install one of those... Eh... What do the humans call them...? Oh, right! Doggy-Doors." Knockout suggested. "I'm sure I could make something work." He whispered to himself.

"Another project on the list of small projects?" Starscream teased.

"It's not like I have anything better to do." Knockout argued. "Besides, I've been aching to recreate a modern version of human technology."

"Do you even know how to build anything?" Starscream teased.

"No-- but I can certainly learn." Knockout replied.

"Everyone has to start somewhere." Megatron added.

"Exactly!" Knockout chirped. "It would be nice if Shockwave was here to teach me." Starscream lowered his wings.

"I don't think we'll be seeing him anytime soon..." He spoke, nervously. He hoped that would be true, for his own sake. Knockout sighed sadly.

"Yes... I heard about the ambush..."

"Ambush?" Megatron asked.

"W-Well--"

"Shockwave was supposed to have someone with him to alert him if they were under attack." Knockout interrupted. "But a group of Autobots barged into his lab and he was never seen since."

"So basically... Someone didn't do their job?" Megatron asked.

"Well--" Starscream coughed in. "No need to dwell on that now. Let's be grateful that we are still here." The seeker say beside Megatron. "Honestly, I'm glad you two are still here..."

"Aww~ How sweet~" Knockout teased. Starscream scoffed.

"Please... I'm anything but sweet." He stated.

"You said it. I didn't." Knockout mocked, earning a glare from the seeker. He then turned to Megatron.

"So, Flying was a mistake..." He started. "Is there anything you can think of that doesn't involve work?" Megatron hummed in thought.

"We don't exactly have access to any video games..." He spoke to himself. "Miko would sometimes make her own music." He suggested.

"Music?" Knockout repeated.

"Yes. She used this... Flattened plastic box with strings to make music. I think it's called... An electric guh-tar?"

"Guitar." Knockout correct. "Your pronouncing it wrong."

"Geh-tar...?" He asked. Knockout nodded. "Guitar." He repeated. Knockout snickered at his leader.

"You really do act like a child sometimes." Starscream commented.

"I am no child..." Megatron growled.

"There's nothing wrong with being a child." Knockout argued. "If you feel like a child, that means that you're having fun~"

"Oh." Megatron mumbled. "I never thought of it that way..." He confessed.

"You thought I was calling you weak, didn't you?" Starscream asked. Megatron rubbed at the back of his neck cables.

"Maybe..." He mumbled in response.

"Come now. You are not weak." Knockout assured him. "Far from it actually. Even without your memories." Megatron smiled nervously.

"Thank you." He giggled.

"What type of music would you be interested in." Knockout asked.

"There's types of music?" Megatron asked. "I only know the one type Miko always plays."

"We'll start with Jazz." Knockout began typing.

"How do you know about music?" Starscream asked.

"One of the many perks of being an automobile~" Knockout teased. Starscream rolled his optics.

"You're never going to let that go, are you?" He asked, expectantly.

"Nope." Knockout answered simply. As soon as he finished his sentence, music was coming from the giant computer. "It's called 'Elevator Music'."

"That's very different from Miko's music." Megatron stated. "Calming."

:{Everybody now~}:

Megatron began tapping at his legs, nodded his helm in sync with the beat. Starscream giggled at him.

:{All together now~}:

Knockout began tapping his pede. Leaning against the wall; crossing his arms as he smiled. Starscream laid back and tried not to fall into recharge.