Chapter 21: Flying Lessons

Megatron's POV:

I managed to get off the ship. The problem was, I didn't fly off the Nemesis. So, I can't exactly climb back up. Not when the ship was airborne. It didn't take long for someone to notice my struggle. "Megatron?"

"Starscream." I greeted. He transformed into his true form before landing.

"What are you doing down here?" He asked, walking up to me.

"I... I'm not entirely sure how to get back on the Nemesis." I confessed. "I climbed my way down the first time, now I can't come back up."

"Why don't you go into vehicle mode and fly up there?" Starscream asked, servo to his hip.

"I'm... Not entirely sure how to do that." Starscream face palmed, sighing in frustration.

"Okay." He huffed. "Did Silas or any of the Autobots take your T-Cog?" He asked.

"What's that?"

"Oh... For Sparks sake..." He muttered. "Knockout!" He spoke through the commlink. "I need your assistance."

Knockout:{What now...?}

"Come to my location." He ordered. I could hear the medic sigh before Starscream suddenly ended communication. "Knockout is better at explaining than I am on the subject of parts." We both froze when an engine revved up. I looked up to see a red vehicle only for Knockout to show his true frame as he hit the ground. He seemed a little surprised to see me.

"Ah~ Megatron." He greeted. "What are you doing here?"

"Ahem... Do you mind checking if our dear friend still has his T-Cog?" Starscream interrupted. Knockout gave a strange look, before walking up to me.

"Is he unable to transform?" He asked.

"I'm not sure how to..." I confessed. Knockout looked up at me, a little confused.

"Sit down, big beauty." He ordered. "I can't exactly reach." I kneeled down on my knees, as he scanned my frame. Completely ignoring the strange nickname. "He still has his T-Cog." Knockout announced. He looked up at me, suspiciously. "I thought you said you were going to take flight?" I tensed.

"I-I was..." I lied. "Then I realized that... I didn't exactly know how..." Knockout hummed in thought.

"He apparently climbed his way down... Now he's unable to go back up." Starscream added.

"Why would you attempt to get off the ship if you knew you couldn't come back up?" He asked. Starscream smirked at me.

"I... Just wanted off the ship." I lied.

"Have you had enough of us?" Starscream teased.

"No. Th-That's not..." I stuttered. I didn't mean to make them feel that way.

"Don't tease him, Screamer..." Knockout hushed. "He's stressed enough as he is."

"H-How did you--"

"You've been stuttering this whole time." Knockout commented. "Something you only do when you're nervous, as I've noticed." I tensed. "You may stand." He sighed. I got up on my pedes.

"So... How do I..."

"Transform?" Knockout finished my question for me. "It's pretty simple once you get used to it. You mean to tell me you've never transformed ever since you've awoken?" I shook my helm in response. "I see."

"You saw me transform right before I landed my pedes, did you not?" Starscream asked. I nodded in response. "You should be able to do the same."

"We can teach you if you'd like." Knockout chirped. I hesitantly nodded in response. "Alright then." He turned to Starscream. "You'll have to teach him how to fly, since I chose automobile as my vehicle mode when I could've chosen flight." He mocked. Starscream rolled his optics. "I'll at least show him how to transform." The medic walked up to me, while Starscream sulked from behind him. "Alright Megatron, let's get started."

(Sometime later)

Knockout explained how to transform. I was slow at first but managed to get into vehicle mode. I shifted back and forth a couple times to get the hang of it. They seemed amused by my curiosity. They were actually smiling at me. For the first time, they weren't fearful of my presence. They started treating me as if I were just like one of them, instead of a person of authority.

Eventually, while in vehicle mode, Starscream taught me to hover above the ground. I was nervous at first. Then when I got used to being off land, he showed me how to pierce through the sky. I followed from behind him. And soon, I was comfortable enough to start a race. He was surprised at first but decided to race with me. Once we made it back down, I couldn't tell which one of us won. Knockout clapped his servos. "Well done, you two!" He cheered. I transformed back into my usual frame. Starscream laughed as he did the same. "I told you it's simple once you get the hang of it." Knockout reminded me. I only smiled in response; I couldn't muster anything else.

We all tensed hearing someone land behind us. I turned to see my old friend. "Soundwave." I spoke. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

"He said he was going to take flight." He repeated what sounded like Knockout's voice. "I... I don't know how to fly..." I froze at the sound of my own voice. Oh Frag. He knew something was wrong.

"Y-Yeah... Starscream was teaching me how to fly." I replied. "Knockout taught me how to transform..." Soundwave only stared in response, as he gestured for me to follow him with his pointer digit. I was very nervous, but I hesitantly followed. Using what I just learned we flew into the ship. Starscream flew with us, Knockout sitting on top of him. Starscream let the medic get off before transforming back. They seemed just as nervous as me.

"Soundwave?" He stopped moving and looked back at me. "Did... I do something wrong?" I asked, fidgeting with my servos. He turned back around and continued forward. I tilted my helm in confusion. "Soundwave?" He continued forward.

"I guess he just wanted you back on the ship..." Knockout whispered, mostly to himself. "He did seem pretty worried while you were absent." He spoke a little louder that time. I turned back to the medic.

"Worried?" I repeated. Knockout nodded in response.

"Most of us were very worried..." Starscream confessed. "No one could find you anywhere."

"I didn't think I took that long..." I whispered to myself.

"Well... As the humans say, time sure flies by when you're having fun." Knockout cooed. "What were you doing anyway?" he asked. I froze.

"Irrelevant." I sputtered, before heading to my room.