Chapter 15: A New Ally

"Starscream...?" The seeker stared for a moment.

"Y-yes?" He stuttered. Megatron wondered why he looked so scared. What did he do? Has he hurt him before? "Are you just... Going to stare at me or...?" He was suddenly put out of his thoughts.

"Megatron!" He turned back at his designation. Knockout had finally caught up with him. Thankfully, Soundwave was nowhere to be seen. "There you are!" Huffed the medic. He suddenly noticed Starscream. "Ugh... What are you doing now?" he asked. Starscream nervously looked up at Megatron.

"Uh... Just... Doing some research...?" he lied.

"Uh-huh..." Knockout hummed in a doubtful tone. "So." Knockout turned to Megatron. "I see you've met Starscream... Again." Megatron only nodded in response. Knockout turned his attention to Starscream. "Don't worry, Screamer. His memory data is still EPROM."

"I'm not worried." He spoke nervously. Knockout rolled his optics in response. The medic turned to Megatron.

"You said you wanted to know where you... reside?" he asked. Megatron nodded in response. Knockout turned back to Starscream. "Feel free to follow suit, if you so wish." He mocked. Starscream growled in response. He hated how well Knockout knew him. Of course he was going to follow them.

Knockout spent the whole day showing Megatron around. Starscream would make small talk every now and then. He was surprised when Megatron treated him as another friend, rather than his seeker. He wanted to get used to it, but he knew eventually that the Megatron he knew would come back. So, he kept his vulnerability at a distance. Never sharing too much information. Explaining what it was like, as a seeker, during his time on Cybertron. His role as the lead seeker, what his primary objective was. "I wasn't always a warrior of flight. I used to be a scientist back when I first was created." This information caught Knockout's attention.

"You? A scientist?" Knockout teased. "That's hilarious..." Starscream rolled his optics, turning to Knockout.

"And what of you?" Starscream retorted. "You aren't exactly a very competent medic. You spend most of your time buffing more than anything."

"At least I try to make myself look presentable!" Knockout snapped. "You, on the other hand, seem to like to embarrass yourself on a daily basis."

"Why, you--!"

"Enough!" Megatron barked. "There is no point in such useless bickering." Starscream's wings fell back in shame, while Knockout nervously held onto his arm. Megatron gestured towards the door on his left. "This is my room, correct?" he asked.

"Y-Yes, my l-- Megatron." Knockout answered. Megatron turned to the door, and without looking back, he spoke.

"Behave yourselves..." he ordered. "I'll be awhile." He entered the room and the door shut from behind him.

(At the Autobot Base)

"So... Your saying Megatron's suddenly become all goody two-shoes?"

"Yeah!" Bulkhead cheered. "He got a good sense of humor too! You would've loved him, Jackie!"

"Right..." The mech turned to Optimus. "What do you think of this, Big Guy?" Optimus stayed silent for a moment.

"He hasn't been as... Aggressive for the past six months." Optimus replied. "Very friendly, actually."

"I didn't think I was gone for that long...?" Wheeljack murmured.

"He's actually been very nice." Raf commented. "Apologizes way too much, though..." Wheeljack faced Optimus with a doubtful expression.

"So... If he's really as friendly as you say he is..." He started. "Why did he choose to stay with the 'Cons?" Optimus wasn't sure of the answer himself.

(Back on the Nemesis)

Megatron tried to find any information he had on himself. Hoping he could remember something. But nothing was clicking together. All this new information, and he didn't know how to process it. Some of it, he couldn't hardly believe had happened. It wasn't anything like him. He froze at the sound of the door opening behind him.

"So... What have you been doing?" Megatron gave a sigh of relief. It was only Knockout. He turned to face the medic.

"Research." He replied. Knockout decided to stand right next to him, crossing his arms.

"What for?" He asked.

"On myself." Megatron answered. Knockout chuckled at his confusion.

"No-- What I'm asking is why?" Knockout explained. "I can already see what your researching."

"If you knew you had lost your memories, would you not want to find out what exactly you been doing that you can't remember?" Megatron asked. Knockout could only shrug. "Where's Starscream?"

"He took flight. Said he needed some space." Knockout replied.

"Is... he alright?" Megatron asked. Knockout looked down, unable to keep his gaze.

"He's... Not used to receiving such... Kindness from you." Knockout explained. "He got a little emotional..." Megatron's spark grew heavy. What had he been doing to Starscream? Part of him didn't want to find out. Knockout grew nervous seeing Megatron so distraught.

"Please don't look at me that way..." Megatron begged.

"I-In what way?" He stuttered.

"You're nervous..." Megatron stated. "Do I really scared you that much?" He asked. Knockout tensed up.

"W-Well... I suppose I understand why Starscream is so... I guess I'm not used to this... nicer version of you, either." Knockout confessed. Megatron wasn't sure what he was feeling. Guilt didn't seem like a strong enough word.

"I'm... I'm sorry..." Megatron mumbled. Knockout only stood there, unsure how to respond. "I'm... Also afraid... Of who I was before... This." Knockout finally made eye contact. "I'm afraid of what I will be like... when my memory will return to me..." Megatron started leaking lubricants. "I don't want to hurt anyone again..."

"I... I can't say I won't miss this nicer version of you..." Knockout confessed. "But, after everything we've been through..." Knockout paused. "What you have been through... You have every right to be angry." Megatron shook his helm, unable to understand what he was hearing. "I don't expect you to be this way when you do come back. But, I'm hoping after... Once you do remember, you would try to be more merciful?" Now was Knockout's turn to leak lubricants. He smiled up at Megatron. Megatron didn't like to see such a sad smile.

"Me too..." He spoke. He turned to shut down the computer, then turned to face Knockout and raised his arms. Knockout's smiled quivered, as he hesitantly wrapped his arms around his leaders waist. Megatron gently placed his servo on the medic's back, trying his best to comfort. Neither of them made a sound, and they stayed that way for awhile.