Chapter 27: Spider Menace

"Come on! Lets--" Before Starscream could finish his sentence, Arachnid had slashed into Starscream's calf, causing him to stumble down.

"Payback..." She growled. Megatron drew his sword and slashed at her as she quickly dodged out of the way. She climbed up the closest wall and shot at the brute with an acid-emitting talon, which he and Starscream barely dodged. Megatron pulled the seeker up by the arm and kept him close to his side. Starscream's wings drooped down as he winced in pain. He couldn't stand on his right ped without hurting his injured calf. Megatron activated his fire cannon and shot at the Insecticon leader.

"Contact Soundwave." Starscream did as instructed.

"We have a situation with--"

"Starscream!" Megatron pushed Starscream out of the way of the acid. It burned through his shoulder pad. He hissed at the pain. "Are you okay?" Starscream nodded frantically.

"Aren't you supposed to be a gladiator?" She mocked from above. "You've really gotten down skilled." Once again, Megatron found himself trapped in a web. Starscream limped over to Megatron to protect him, while Megatron struggled to free himself. "Well, isn't this is a strange sight~" Starscream aimed at her chassis, but before he could shoot, Arachnid pierced who his hip.

"Starscream!" Megatron called out. She grabbed a hold of him before he fell back.

"You should've remained a coward..." She stated. "Sometimes... Cowards do survive..." And with that she pushed him to the ground. Megatron, fueled with rage, tore himself free and slashed at the femme. "Gah!" He kicked her as far as he could. Just as quickly as she landed, she got back up. But not in time to react to the next strike.

"HOW DARE YOU!!!" He shouted. He pulled her by the leg and threw her over his helm and onto the ground. "If anyone's the coward," he summoned his blade. "It's you..." Arachnid trembled upon seeing the spy. She drilled herself underground. Megatron shot at the hole she drilled, only for her to disappear. In a fit of rage, he let out a roar of defeat, startling Soundwave who had just arrived. The two seekers watched their leader, panting and venting like an animal. It was the first time in a long time that they've seen him so angry. Soundwave helped Starscream to his pedes.

"M-Master...?" Megatron flinched upon hearing that nickname. He hated it.

"Don't call me that..." Megatron sighed, without looking at them. He finally turned to face them.

"Are you okay?" He asked. Megatron nodded hesitantly.

"Take him to the med-bay." Megatron ordered. Soundwave pointed to his shoulder pad. "I can wait." Megatron assured. "I'll be right behind you." Soundwave nodded and summoned a ground bridge. Soundwave lifted Starscream off the ground as to ease the pain in his calf, while Starscream limply wrapped his arm around the spy's neck cables. As promised, Megatron walked into the ground bridge with them.

They were immediately met with a gasp the moment they returned. "What have I told you?! I knew it was a bad idea!" Knockout shouted. Starscream's wings lowered in shame. Soundwave let Starscream on his pedes. Knockout picked him up. "Follow me, Megatron." He ordered, before taking Starscream to the med-bay. Megatron swiftly followed suit.

"I can walk!" Starscream complained.

"No you cannot." Knockout shot back, before placing him on the table. The medic turned to Megatron. "You. Sit." He snapped his didget, pointing it towards the extra berth. Megatron did as told; hiding his face behind his arms and knees. Knockout began to work on Starscream. Aside from the sounds of operation, the med-bay was silent.

"I'm...sorry." Megatron mumbled. "I... I shouldn't have--"

"Who was it that attacked you two?" Knockout asked suddenly. Megatron stiffened.

"Arachnid..." Starscream hissed. Knockout growled in response.

"That... Glitch..." The medic muttered. "First she deactivates Breakdown! Now she attacks you two?!" He shouted, slamming his servo onto the desk beside him, leaving a dent. Megatron flinched at the sound. Starscream froze completely, unsure how to react. "Great... Now I'm gonna have to fix that..." He muttered to himself, as he continued to patch up his friend. Megatron was going to tell Knockout about the Insecticon Arachnid had ordered to end Starscream, but he has a feeling the medic already knew. "Okay." He huffed. "Megatron, come here. Starscream, rest where he was." Megatron hesitantly rose from his spot and Starscream immediately sat on the extra berth. Megatron slowly walked up next to Knockout. "Sit." He ordered, pointing to the table. Megatron did as told.

"Are you... Mad at us?" Starscream couldn't help but snicker.

"No. Just mad in general." He spoke as he worked on the shoulder pad. Knockout winced as Megatron whimpered. He did all he could not to hurt him, but he could only do so much. Starscream smiled at the big softy, who had asked such a childish question. At least, Starscream thought it was dumb. "Did she attack you with an Acid-Emitting Talon?"

"I... think so?" He mumbled; unsure of the answer himself.

"This is going to more difficult to fix than I thought..." Knockout whispered to himself.

"I can... deal with--"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence." Knockout warned. "I'm the medic, and I'm going to patch this up! Do I make myself clear?" Megatron nodded. Knockout continued to work on the shoulder.

"Why do you guys keep saying that?" Megatron whispered to himself.

"Beg your pardon?"

"You keep asking: Do I make myself clear? Why do you always ask that?"

"Because you don't act like you understand why we do what we do." Knockout answered simply.

"I see..." Megatron mumbled.

"I'd help you even if you were pestering me. It's my job." Knockout gestured towards Starscream. "Just ask Screamer."

"Hey..." Starscream whined. There was a small pause. "It's true though." Starscream confessed. Megatron hissed in pain. Knockout stopped moving for a split second before continuing.

"I know. I'm sorry..." He sighed. "I really don't mean to hurt you..."

"I know."