Light- Kale's POV

Kale's POV-

She was pacing once again. Her uneasiness and nervous energy had me working double time trying to keep the pack's harmony at bay. It was a very trying task when Lucy was obviously so perturbed.

"Lucy-love," I sighed and held my hand out to stop her nervous footsteps.

"There's something..." she groaned. "There is something there that needs to be known but I just can't quite see it!" She emphasized desperately as she ran her hands through her hair. "Th-there's some... There's someth-"

"LUCE!" I raised my voice at her as she began muttering and pacing again.

Her wide eyes found mine as my hard voice broke through her worrying mind.

"Enough of this. When has this ever worked for you?" I asked as I caressed her face gently. "We have been training so hard for two whole days straight. You've learned how to get the earth to meet a lot of your commands, you've learned how to guide and communicate with me in battle, and you've even learned how to fight when you're in Oracle mode. You've done good. Let yourself rest, Luce."

"There is no need to even go into this battle if there is something there waiting for us that will cause our ultimate demise," she snarled at me.

"You said that we win this battle. In all of your visions... You said that we win. We lose some pack members, but we win," I reminded her gently.

"Yes! B-but that was before!" She said frantically.

"Before what?"

"Before! I could see the outcomes then! B-but now... Now I see nothing but darkness! I... I can't see the outcome!" She sobbed. "It's like the Moon Goddess can't see. It's like she's blinded... so I am too."

I held my breath. This conversation sounded far too familiar, and I hated the implications. The last time she spoke of darkness, it ended up with Raven coming to our front steps. I'd be damned if I let anyone else come between us like that again.

"Raven..." I whispered.

"She's dead," Lucy spat out. "We even sent the head back to her pack. She is gone," her wolf had taken over by the end of her statement. I knew that she had to be extremely worried if her wolf was shining through so easily.

I knew that I looked like a fish out of water as my mouth gaped open. I had no idea what to say. Something was happening. Something was waiting for us. Something dark was trying to tear us down...

"Go to Grandmama's," I found myself saying. "She calms you down. Plus, she is wise and privy to these sorts of things. Go talk to her. Lucine... It will be okay. We'll wait on the attack if need be. Don't worry yourself silly. It's not good for you or the pack."

"Grandmama's is an excellent idea," she said with a nod. "I'll try to calm down, love. I just- I can feel the darkness. I can feel it tainting the earth and causing unrest in the etheric realm."

----

"Witches?" I asked with wide eyes as I sat up in bed at the information that Lucy had just relayed to me.

"Witches," Lucy agreed. "They're our best shot."

"Explain to me how this decision was made again," I said as I rubbed the sleep from my eyes, feeling wide awake all of the sudden even though it was in the middle of the night.

"It started with tasseography," she explained.

"Tasseography?" I asked.

"Tea leaf divination," she answered with a nod.