Connection -Lucy's POV

Lucy's POV-

My whole world froze as those words left her mouth. I couldn't even breathe as she uttered that despicable lie in front of over half the pack. I couldn't even comprehend how idiotic she was being. The blatant disregard for anyone but herself was astounding. Why would she do that?! How could she do that?!

I heard Kale's loud growl before I understood what it was. I could just sit there in utter disbelief. Did she not even think about Kale or his pack? Could she not understand the obvious signs that they had been hurt many times before? Did she not even care that this situation could possibly cause all of them more damage. They were already testy and fragile, why would she want to put them through more possible heartache.

Everyone knows that losing someone who is seen as a Luna is hard. It is a very painful and daunting thing to go through. Why would she put them at risk for going through that once again?

She didn't care, and her not caring about my pack pissed me off. They had already been through so much. I didn't want them to have to go through another potentially fake bond... only for them to get their hopes up, and then once again be thoroughly disappointed and let down.

Everyone had their eyes focused upon our table. "Mate?" The word was said in various tones throughout the dining room making me feel completely broken because the word was not spoken about me.

"It has yet to be proven," Kale spoke in his alpha voice. He was on the very verge of shifting as he glared at the stupid she-wolf.

"So, you feel nothing, once again?" Someone asked from somewhere in the crowd.

Kale's hands were quickly turning into claws and he was taking on more animalistic qualities. As much as I wanted to let him shift and let his wolf take care of her in rage, I couldn't let that happen.

I finally got up as Raven looked up at her supposed 'mate' in terror and touched his too tensed back. I felt the muscles immediately react to my touch and soften. I smirked at the she-wolf as she seen the affect that I had on him. I boldly wrapped an arm around the front of his waist, and he turned his head to sniff my scent instantly.

He calmed down enough to speak rather quickly. Just as I was removing my arm from his waist, he grasped onto my wrist pinning my arm to his form. "No, I do feel something this time." He answered the question calmly.

I, however, was not calm and on the verge of tears as I tried to pry my arm off of him in order to go lick my wounds in private. I knew that he felt something for her, but that didn't mean that I wanted to hear about it. I wanted to pretend that the girl didn't exist, that was obviously not plausible though.

There was murmuring throughout the crowd.

"I also have a mate connection with Lucine as well." He said firmly and I quit struggling against him. He calmly brought me around the front of him and stood me before him. His large stature made it easy to peer out into the crowd over my head.

I was not used to crowds and their attention was making me nervous. I awkwardly waved at them with a bright red face. I so desperately wanted to cover my face and hide away from the scrutinizing stares. As soon as I lifted my arm, wild whispers broke out into the crowd making me remember my new markings and jerked my hand down quickly.

Kale rubbed my shoulders soothingly. "This was obviously not how I wanted to announce any of this," Kale said glaring at Raven. "I had not told you of my connection with Lucy because I wanted to be absolutely sure that the bond was true before I subjected y'all to another female. Now, with this new development with Raven, it is even more up in the air. Do not fret, we will figure this out and we will be a better pack for it." Kale said diplomatically. "I will update everyone as this situation develops."