Heard -Lucy's POV

Lucy's POV-

I walked into the dining room quietly. However, due to everyone being werewolves... quietly didn't really matter when they all had hypersensitive hearing. As soon as I stepped foot through the door all eyes were on me. I wasn't sure if the stares were due to the news about my battered back or the fact that I hadn't really shown my face in over a week. I sighed and walked further into the room while trying to push the feelings of inadequacy down, it was hard though when everyone seemed to think so lowly of me- even myself. It seemed to be an impossible task to push my old captures' voices out of my head telling me that I was nothing.

I kept my eyes to the ground as I walked. Which is why I was surprised and caught off guard when I ran into a hard body that blocked my path. The impact slightly jostled me and sent a small shock to my back, but nothing too bad and I barely felt it through the medications that I was on.

I looked up and my eyebrows furrowed in confusion when I saw Dillon, the warrior who caused my injuries, standing before me. "Hi, Lucine."

"Warrior Dillon..." I said skeptically. I knew that warriors were very vengeful wolves and I wouldn't put it past him to try and attack me due to his punishments. However, I thought that we had taken care of everything the night before and we had all come to an understanding.

Every single person's eyes were on us as we looked at each other, including a certain hazel gaze that gave me tingles and warmed my core. I knew that Kale was ready to pounce if Dillon made even one wrong move toward me. He wouldn't let me get hurt again.

"I understand why you are so tense right now Lucy, but I promise I will not hurt you." Dillon spoke slowly and raised his hands up to prove that he had no ill intensions towards me. "I wanted to see if you'd do me the honor of helping you with breakfast, it is the least I can do after everything." He lowered his head in a bow and my eyebrows raised significantly. It was unheard of for warriors to act like this and to openly acknowledge wrong doings.

"Uh- um okay. Yeah, sure." I stammered quickly.

"Let me escort you to your seat and then I will get your plate for you. Where would you like to sit? With Kale?"

I glanced at Kale, he had a hard and furious look on his face, and he nodded once at me. "Y-yeah."

Dillon walked me to the table. When we finally made it there, Kale practically shoved him away from me and told him to get me a little bit of everything then he helped me sit down in the Luna spot.

"Be nice," I chastised him quietly. "He's trying to make up for the injuries, so quit with the anger and jealousy."

Kale let out a hard breath but nodded at me. "You're right... I'll try."

I reached over and sat my hand on his knee under the table. His eyes found mine and I gave a small smile with a small squeeze to his knee. I watched Dillon walk over to us and shot Kale a warning glance, he huffed but I knew he understood.

"Thank you, Warrior Dillon. This was overly sweet of you. You may join us if you'd like..." I offered kindly and smiled at the brute of a man.

"Dillon is fine, Lucy. And I would love to, but I have dish duty and then a class." His eyes locked with mine. "You may come and help me teach if you want sometime.... Anyone who can take a hit like that and still be able to walk and protect is definitely warrior potential."

Kale tensed at those words, but I kept a calming hand on him. "Thank you, Dillon. I may take you up on your offer sometime. You have been so kind today, and I appreciate that."

"Yes, well, I was out of line yesterday. I had a dream last night that I killed you and I can't get that out of my psyche now. I never meant to hurt you, Lucine. Scare: absolutely, but not hurt. The fact that you still stuck up for me after I injured you proves how generous you are. I also apologize for my behavior during our talk... I was still angry and very scared about the whole thing, so I was fighting my wild wolf for control. After you forgave me with no qualms, you solidified my complete respect and support. I apologize once again."