Let me go -Kale's POV

Kale's POV-

I felt powerful to put it simply. We were two days away from the full moon and everything I had been learning from Lucy was proving to be true. I felt the power inside of me from my wolf growing as the moon was steadily growing as well. How had we not realized this yet? How was everyone not talking about this spectacular power that was constantly running through cycles in us?

Most packs just see the full moon as an obligation. As time went on and I learned more from Lucy and her readings, it was all beginning to make sense. The cyclical ways of our energies, the pull to mother moon, and the way hardly anyone could resist shifting on the night of the full moon when mother moon was high in the sky... It was a shame that I had not learned about this before. It was a shame that we had not been listening to our own bodies before. I was happy that Lucy was there with us, she was going to make our full moon so special and loving.

That was for later though. We had a task at hand to do. We were all running through the forest to a pack territory that no one had been to in a long time, we had to be alert and on our toes. Not to mention, I had to protect the girl that was sitting on my back as I ran in wolf form at the head of the group at all costs.

She was my number one priority. It didn't matter that the other girl's wolf called to me as we were running. It didn't matter that the other girl's scent was just as intoxicating as Lucy's was to me, but in a separate way. It didn't matter that the girl had me responding in physical ways that had never affected me too much. No, none of that mattered, it couldn't matter. Lucy mattered.

Raven might have a more physical affect on me, but Lucy had me completely wrapped around her finger. Her personality and spirit were far more important to me than the physical urges I felt towards Raven. Besides that, Lucy also had a giant physical effect on me. How could she not? She was the most beautiful girl that I had ever seen before. The difference was, I could still think of other things besides her physicality when she was around me; I wasn't solely consumed with wanting to fuck her and put my seed into her. With Raven, it was almost always about wanting to mate with her and create an heir.

It took several hours to get to the heart of the other territory. They had been our neighboring pack, but we both had vast lands. From one packhouse to where the others should have been, was an extremely far run. We had known that this trip would day a full day, I couldn't help but to feel uneasy though. The energy as soon as we got to the demolished pack's land was intense and sad. The pack had been killed off and burned down almost fifteen years before, but the energy of that day still haunted the lands. New vegetation was beginning to grow through the burned-up lands, but it was in the extremely early stages so the whole place still looked dark and ominous. It was like the lands died with them.

I slowed when we finally came to where the most damages were caused. Big black scorch marks were still covering the grounds of where the packhouse used to be. Ruins of the old pack buildings remained and were even more decayed than I had expected, it was a ghost town. All that was left were bitter memories of our sister pack and what could have been.

Luckily, there were no decaying bodies or empty bones left on the grounds. We had come right after the slaughter and buried our friends. The mass grave was placed beneath a lonely tree that had not burned down. We thought it best for them to be laid to rest in their own lands, in the place they called home. I couldn't believe the magnitude of the lives that had been lost; women, children, mothers, fathers... all were senselessly killed for power.

As soon as I came to a stop, Lucy slid off of my back and stood in front of what was left of the packhouse. Everyone shifted, but Lucy never turned back to us, she just stared at the ruined house. I could hear her sniffling making it known that she was crying for the loss of innocent lives. It was an incredibly sad sight, and with her powers and energy sensitivity, it was even worse for her.