Calm -Kale's POV

Kale's POV-

Lucy's amazing scent overwhelmed my senses as soon as I walked near the training gym door, mostly because that was whose scent I was looking and longing for. There were a lot of other people's scent that wafted around and messed with her perfect scent at some points because the gym was so occupied, but I tried hard to ignore theirs and mostly only focused on Lucy's scent.

I was happy that she had returned from Grandmama's with no issues. When Nat mind-linked me that Lucy had arrived safely, I quickly put someone else in charge of checking our security preclusions and getting a new security run schedule down, I'd just check over it later. I knew that I probably shouldn't be shirking my responsibilities, but I wanted to get to the gym as fast as possible to make sure with my own eyes that she was for sure safe and sound. Besides, I have been told many times over the years to give my warriors and other leaders more responsibilities... this was their chance.

I actually let Trevor do most of the work anyways because I was so damn worried about Lucy losing her way or something else happening to her that I was barely paying attention to the meeting. This was becoming an issue; she was an issue. The feelings that were becoming stronger and stronger within me for her were becoming an issue. I was acting like a psycho and could barely control it. I was just so damn worried about her though... It took everything in me to not go and pick her up on Grandmama's doorstep when they were done with their session. I had decided to give her a little time alone and some breathing room on the trek back from Grandmama's, even though she had just shut herself off from everyone for a whole week. I figured that I needed to start showing her that I trusted her as a pack member and thought that she was capable of walking from place to place on pack land. Pack land was perfectly safe, and she wasn't anywhere near the borders. I needed to stop worrying about her all the damn time

That was an issue for me though. I couldn't stop worrying about my supposed mate. During my run, I knew she was safe for those couple of hours, so I was able to clear my mind. As soon as I knew that she'd start walking home at some point though... I had to argue with myself to not go out and get her. I had to restrain myself from going out to make sure that she could actually handle her own on the short trek. I was being ridiculous. However, trouble seemed to follow the small she-wolf everywhere and that was what scared me. I was so very protective of her; I knew it was an alpha thing with their mates, but it was becoming a very big nuisance... and I hadn't even accepted her as my mate! I still thought that someone was trying to trick me. All the while though, these feelings were starting to get out of control.

I opened the door to the gym quickly and could immediately feel the tension. Everyone was rushing towards the pup training area. I hadn't been noticed yet due to the growling on the other side of the gym and the stir that it was causing.

'Kale...' Sam mind-linked me, panicked.

I didn't like the panic in the word. I rushed over to the area... But I was too late. It was already happening and no matter how quick I was, I couldn't stop it. No one could. I just had to let it happen, in fears of hurting the little pup that Lucy was cradling to her chest.

When his claws sliced through Lucy's back, my Luce's back, I involuntarily let out an angered and pained howl, even though Lucy was simply crouched down in silence, she didn't even scream or cry at the impact. How she could do that, I wasn't sure... It was like I could feel the claws ripping through my heart. The howl quickly turned into a roaring growl. How dare he even think about harming her, much less actually do it.

I was to him in a blink of an eye. I launched him into the wall and pinned him there by his throat with so much force I was surprised that his neck wasn't broken. I could feel his skin crawling underneath hands as he was beginning to shift. "No." I ordered with authority. His skin calmed as his wolf obeyed my Alpha command, he was shaking violently though.