Name -Kale's POV

Kale's POV-

"True courage is not knowing when to take a life, but when it spare it." That's a quote from J.R.R Tolkien. It's a quote that my parents used to say all of the time, before...

It was a quote that I understood, but never really cared about. Hell, I'd never seen many people care about it and act it out. I'd never seen someone choose to go down the path of righteousness and redemption instead of fury and destruction, except for my mother that is.

It was a beautiful path to follow, a much harder and more difficult path to follow. It's easy to let anger take over and snap someone's neck. It's easy to look at things from only your point of view. Taking the high road and letting someone wrong you without hurting them... that's difficult.

But that was exactly what Lucy was doing. I could see the anger and annoyance swimming deep in her eyes and she just pushed it down; It was amazing the restraint she was showing. She was holding herself back from killing Renee and even trying to get her involved in the conversation. She served her, let her sit in the Luna's seat, tried to engage her, and let her try to mark myself as her territory. Renee had disrespected Lucy in many ways. When a normal she-wolf would have let her wolf take over and tried to kill Renee, Lucy just sat there and breathed deeply and even tried to explain to Renee the disrespect she was showing to me, my mate, and her own unfound mate. It was surprising to see the amount of self-restraint the girl had.

I took the small moment of silence when everyone was eating to try and let my anger dissipate from the situation earlier. She thought I was going to hit her as I was reaching for her to calm her down. I would never hurt her like that, I'd rather cut my own hand off than hit her. It really pissed me off that her first reaction was to dodge my hand, it screamed volumes of the life she lived as a slave. Those fuckers who hurt her were going to die a very slow and painful death when I got ahold of them.

Just as my wolf was finally pushing my anger away I heard the cutest noise come from the girl who claimed to be my mate. It was a very satisfied and surprised moan. It did wonders to my mind and made it run freely with possibilities on other ways to get that noise out of her mouth. I quickly pushed those inappropriate thoughts away and smiled at the girl who was chewing her bacon with her eyes closed. She looked to be thoroughly enjoying her breakfast, it made me smile at how adorable and sweet she looked.

"It's good isn't it?" I asked her while being happy that she was so enamored with the food on her plate. I couldn't help the big grin that broke out onto my face as I watched her face light up with the taste of the bacon, she was so pure and cute. It hurt my heart to think of how people hurt and starved her. How could someone hurt a girl who was so perfect?

"Oh my Goddess, my life was so empty before." She said with a big grin and ate the rest of her food. I loved that smile, it was so sweet and innocent.

I could feel the eyes of my sister, her mate, and Renee on me, but I didn't care. I was just focused on Lucy and how I could help her gain more weight. She had gained some in the hospital, but it was still very apparent that she was malnourished before. I wanted her to be healthy and happy. The food seemed to be a start with both her happiness and helping her gain weight. I was just glad I wasn't going to have to fight with her to make her eat.

I watched her eat and she ate her whole plate fairly quickly. When she was done she looked up at me for approval and I couldn't help but to beam at her. Her eyes were so innocent and I was happy that she ate everything I got for her, I thought I went a bit overboard when I was making her plate. I knew I did, but she still ate it all.