Explain -Lucy's POV

Lucy's POV-

The door to my hospital room was pushed opened hastily. "Alexis!" The woman who was standing next to her mate said with a bit of relief etched into her voice but overall her tone was quite harsh.

I shifted over some so that I could let Lexi up from where I had been cuddling her on my side. Lexi looked from me to her mother. We had been waiting for Lexi's parents to come and get her for about an hour. What they had been doing, I wasn't sure. I know that if my kid was involved in some sort of altercation then I'd be by their side ASAP, I assumed that whatever their task was had to be important.

Doc had been waiting for Lexi to leave to give us a report over my sustained injuries ever since he finished stitching me up over an hour before then. I knew my injuries weren't that big of a deal or severe, I had much harsher things happen to me over the years... Wolves tend to lose their temper quite a bit.

Lexi got up from the bed and went to her parents. She didn't rush or talk to them like I had expected, she was much more subdued. I didn't like that, Lexi was excitable and full of life, not slow and broody. I honestly didn't understand what these people taught their pack for the pups to behave in such a manner, it was saddening.

"Alpha Burke, I am so sorry that our daughter caused all of this chaos and mess. We have been working with her, physically and behaviorally, but it just hasn't seemed to be paying off. Please don't let it reflect on us poorly, we're trying." Her father spoke without even sparing a glance at his daughter. I saw the hurt look in Lexi's eyes. "Perhaps we can figure out a harsher training schedule to get her up to par by the next full moon." Lexi whimpered at that prospect.

I had enough. Not only were they blaming her when it was not her fault, but they were paying attention to her needs as a child.

"None of this was her fault." I stated with a hard look at the two parents. Her father looked at me dismissively and turned his attention back to Kale. My wolf stood at attention in my head due to the disrespect he had shown me by practically ignoring me and I forced myself from the bed to look stronger. "She did nothing wrong and you should be proud to have such a strong and magnificent daughter as her." Kale immediately came to support me with an arm around my waist while trying to usher me back to bed. I couldn't though, I had to show these people that I was strong, as was their daughter.

"Yes, Lexi is a great little pup." Kale echoed me when he finally realized that he wasn't going to get me back to bed.

"She lacks attention and determination and needs to get stronger." Her dad replied and I saw Lexi deflate even more.

"Just because she is not fast and hasn't figured out her defensive techniques yet doesn't mean that she isn't a good pup or valuable to the pack. She is a child; she hasn't even shifted yet." I stated harshly with an accusatory look at Kale and her father. This pack was not nurturing their children and I was so sickened by it.

"You are not her mother," her mom spoke quickly while standing up straighter next to her mate. "You don't get to make decisions for her, we do, and we've decided that she needs more training. She cannot keep up with the rest of the pups. Its disappointing." She casted a look at Lexi and I saw the tears forming in Lexi's eyes. "We'll talk to Dillon about extra training..." She said as she addressed Kale.

"That won't be necessary." I spoke quickly before Kale could even reply. Her father opened his mouth to berate me, I'm sure, but I cut him off with a glare and began speaking again. "I know I am not her mother, you're right, you are. It is you who should be nurturing her and building her up, not me. However, you both are refusing to do that for her for whatever reason, so I will do it." I paused and Kale looked to the ground due to the scathing look I gave him; we'd be having a discussion over the treatment of the pups as soon as I was cleared to leave the hospital. This was not right, nor was it okay. "Lexi will not be training with Dillon anymore." Both of her parents began arguing with me, but I shut them up with a quick hand signal to stop and the golden eyes of my wolf. "She can come train with me and Kale." Everyone in the room was silent as I looked at everyone daring them to say something.