She doesn't know -Lucy's POV

Lucy's POV-

My heart sank in my chest as I watched the scene in front of me unfold. She was beautiful with long pretty strawberry blonde hair, soft smiling eyes, long legs, and a voluptuous strong body. She was everything I wasn't plus everything I was... minus being an oracle, of course. She was the type of person that you'd expect to be mated with my handsome Alpha mate. The type of person that should be his mate, not me, a broken down nobody.

They weren't doing anything. Hell, he was even backing away from her cautiously anytime she got too near him. I saw it though, the way her eyes shone in adoration and need. She wanted him and my mate deserved her. I wasn't good enough for him, I wasn't good enough for anyone.

I stood there frozen in place as I watched the scene play out. She spoke to him easily with no stutters and issues like I had. She stood there confidently and commanded his attention in a beautiful way. Her short running shorts and tank top showed off her great build and soft tan. I looked down at Kale's borrowed shirt and sweatpants that I had on, they swallowed me whole making me almost unnoticeable. Her smile was not forced or unpracticed like mine, it was genuine and sweet. Her movements were purposefully maneuvered to show him her femininity and grace. She captivated him with her charm and beauty, something that I could never possess. The way her fingertips sometimes brushed over parts of his arms softly as he spoke told me that she knew exactly what she was doing. While I had no idea what the hell I was even thinking, much less doing.

She wanted him, there was no denying that. My wolf wanted to go up to her and rip her arms off of her body for even thinking of him in that light, but I stayed rooted in place. I couldn't do that without hurting her and she was a part of the pack so I didn't want to hurt her. I couldn't bear to hurt one of my fellow pack members, one of my new family members. I knew my jealousy was heightened because Kale was an Alpha so I had to work extra hard to control that part of me, my animalistic side.

It wasn't the girl's fault, no one even knew that I was his mate. Heck, he wasn't even sure. I had to calm down. I finally left my hiding spot from around the corner and sighed, I couldn't stay there all day.

"Luce!" Kale said with a bit of enthusiasm in his voice and a smile that graced his lips for a few seconds. He looked to the she wolf that had stepped up far too close to him and frowned at her. He took a tentative step back and looked back to me with a worried look.

I stiffened slightly but forced myself forward to my mate. My wolf wanted to rip her to shreds, but obviously I couldn't do that. I controlled myself and went to Kale's side. I got to him and couldn't help but to lean into his intoxicating scent. He did the same thing immediately. I closed my eyes to savor the goodness for just a few more moments. I reopened my eyes when I heard a throat clear from the girl across from Kale and I.

"Hello..." the girl said and I was instantly off put by her tone, but I reigned in my frigid feelings towards her. I knew it was because I was angry at her pursuit of my mate. I didn't even know the girl, I couldn't dislike her yet.

"Lucy, this is Renee, Renee this Lucy." Kale said cautiously looking at me. I was pretty sure he was trying to see if I was going to rip the girl's head off. Renee took a purposeful step towards my mate as she was trying to show me that she had some sort of claim over him. Kale went rigid at the move and took a sharp breath in when a slight rumble started in my chest. I knew he thought that he was going to have to step in, but I was determined to not let the jealousy take over me like I knew it could. I was trying to show Kale that I could be a good person to have as a mate, someone he deserved.

I coughed slightly trying to cover up my small slipup. "Hi," I said as light as possible as my wolf tried to break through the careful wall that I built up in my mind to contain her behind. It was a good thing I couldn't shift in that moment or else I would have probably killed the girl.