No one -Lucy's POV

Lucy's POV-

I hurried around the kitchen quickly. I knew it was close to time to eat, but I wasn't sure of what the actual time was. I glanced at the microwave and cringed, I was five minutes late to my own welcoming dinner. I just got so caught up in trying to help Rita that I got distracted. She was so overwhelmed though that my help made up for me being late. That's what I thought, at least.

I muttered something about being late when I smelled his intoxicating scent. I almost forgot how addicting his scent was. It was absolutely invigorating. I'd never get used to the amazing scent of my handsome mate.

I turned to him and greeted him with a respectful nod. I noticed immediately that his eyes were dark indicating that his wolf was in control, that either meant he was pissed off or needed one of his wolf abilities. I assumed it was because he couldn't find me so he had to sniff me out... oops.

He said he was looking for me in a gruff voice. I would love to meet his wolf, but not when he was like that. At that moment he was cold and angry, I couldn't handle that. I had too much of that from my past pack life, it always turned ugly very quickly.

I turned away from him trying to hold myself together as I told him when and why I went to help Rita in the kitchen. How could he expect one woman to cook for over two hundred people? Was he insane? I voiced the need for more help.

In my mind's eye, I saw him stride to me and scratch me, accidentally, out of his anger. He wouldn't have meant to and he'd feel horrible for doing it for weeks. At least I knew he cared enough about me to feel bad for it. I didn't want him to feel bad though, I wanted him happy.

As soon as he began walking my way, I put the rolls down and turned to grab his hand to stop him from hurting me, that made him even angrier. I knew it would, my vision warned me of that, but I'd rather him be angry at me than himself. He showed me how angry he was by baring his canines at me as I explained to him my reasons for my actions. I felt so bad for showing him disrespect, especially in front of another pack member. I respected my mate so much, I'd never want him to feel as if I didn't but I was protecting him from himself. I hoped he understood.

My wolf pushed me forward and made me stroke his cheek, he instantly calmed under my touch. I could finally breathe again when his eyes changed back to the beautiful hazel that they normally were. He was back to his normal, cool self.

He spoke to Rita and she hesitantly answered his questions, she was pretty scared of him. That disappointed me a bit, Alphas should be respected not feared. Of course, Kale was scary, but I was hoping his pack didn't see him like that. I was hoping his pack loved him, unlike Fleming.

I smiled when he agreed to put help in the kitchen. He even thanked her and added server shifts too, I knew he wasn't too far gone for saving. She walked out happy as he turned his attention to me.

"she thinks you're scary," I told him as she left. I wondered if he knew what his pack thought of him.

"you don't... obviously," He stated obviously still heated from before.

"Am I supposed to?" I asked. It was almost a challenge, but not quite. I didn't want him to get too angry with me. "is that what you want? To be an alpha that everyone, including your pack, is afraid of." I asked him seriously hoping his answer wasn't yes like Fleming's was. He stared at me and didn't answer for a few moments. He obviously didn't know the answer to that. I decided I'd give him some time to think about that. "we can continue this discussion later. Right now, there is a bunch of hungry wolves out there," I told him, a little upset as his non-immediate denial of the question.