Marks -Kale's POV

Kale's POV-

I was pacing. I don't usually pace, but that's the only thing that my wolf and I could agree upon at that precise moment. Back and forth. Back and forth. The repetitive action was giving me comfort as it was timed with the beeping of the heart monitor. Back (beep) forth (beep) back (beep) forth (beep). I was being pulled in two different directions. I was being tethered to two different women.

Raven, that was the rogue's name. Beautiful, beautiful Raven. I squeezed my eyes and together and focused on the steady beeping of the heart monitor instead of the incessant thoughts in my own mind. Ridiculousness, that is what this was... ridiculous.

I wasn't supposed to have any mate. None. Now suddenly I have two?! This shit is fucking ridiculous!

I could feel Lucy's wolf call out to me; my anxiety was probably making her recovery even harder. I had no control over my movements as I rushed over to Luce's side and grasped her delicately bandaged hand in mine. I couldn't stop the swell of anger at myself as I looked at her not peaceful face, I caused another PTSD episode for her. Me, I caused it.

She was supposed to be mine that night. I was supposed to accept her, and we were supposed to mate. She was supposed to be my Luna.

I sighed deeply and I ran my fingers over her healed cuts that were turning into scars on her arms. I've caused nothing but pain for this girl. I've caused nothing but complications and doubts for the two of us.

Now... now I wasn't sure if we even stood a chance in hell together. I found myself very bitter at the universe's timing. Was this a sign that Luce is not supposed to be mine or was this a test of some sort? I was sure I'd fail if this was a test.

I was just so angry and disappointed though; she was going to be mine. I wanted her to be my mate. Obviously, Raven complicated things a bit though. I couldn't just ignore the bond I felt with her. What if she was to be my mate?

"Kale." Lucy whimpered and squeezed my hand tightly even though she was still in her own head.

My heart squeezed as I let out a soft whine at her pain, pain that I caused. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry Luce." I kissed the back of her hand softly as I sat there and stared at her wishing for her to come out of her nightmares.

The contrast in my two mates was astronomical. There was no way to even compare the two women, it would be like comparing apples and oranges; too different to even compete.

"Alpha..." I heard from the door hesitantly. Lexi stood there with tears in her eyes as she looked at me. "C-can I come in?"

I sighed and nodded slowly opening my arms to hug her. She instantly ran to me and let me wrap her up in a big hug while letting out sobs.

"I-is she okay?"

"She'll be okay." I answered her softly as she turned around in my lap to look at her.

"She's in pain," Lexi spoke softly and touched Lucy's hollowed cheeks affectionately. "I don't want her to be in pain."

"Me either, Lex." I sighed. "Talk to her, Doc said that she can maybe hear us. Maybe you can help her."

"What happened? Have you talked to her yet?"

"It's complicated, Lexi. And I have a little bit, but I don't think she'll want to hear too much from me right now. You talk to her."

"Hey Lucy," Lexi said softly and tried to dry her tears up. "I don't want you to be in pain. You are my bestest friend, I don't like it when my bestest friend is hurting." She kissed her cheek and hugged her gently making me smile at the small girl. "Alpha Kale says that he doesn't think that you want to hear him, but I know that that's stupid, so I'll make him talk to you. Wake up when he does though, just to prove him wrong." I chuckled at her statement. "Luna Lucy," she sighed deeply. I hated that I had let so many people down. "I love you, Luna Lucy." I almost cried at her statement and had to bite my tongue in order to not whimper in front of the small girl.