Darkness -Kale's POV

Kale's POV-

We were all sat at a big round table in the meeting room that was connected to my office. We usually only met in there for battle reasons, so it was no surprise to any of the warrior leaders when I announced that it was the reason that I gathered everyone there. Everyone was surprised, however, when I gave the floor to Lucy to explain the plans. She was going to let me take credit, but I couldn't do that to her, she deserved credit for a brilliant plan, not me. She was so brilliant.

She addressed the leaders like it was something that she was used to. She didn't cower away when they all looked at her in shock. She didn't flinch when several of the more finicky men bared their teeth to her in intimidation. No, she stood there proudly and met the glares with a blank stare showing her control.

All the men talked over her and they were outraged that I'd let a low ranking she-wolf lead a tactic meeting. She stared blankly as she waited for everyone to quiet down, they were doing no such thing.

We had discussed the possibility of this. They were used to me and only me leading these things and Cory's pack had just lost over half of their numbers and were ready for blood, they didn't want to listen. Letting Lucy have the reigns and explain her plan was not only jarring but wrong to them. She was a low-ranking girl who was a stranger to them, they didn't think she was qualified, and they just assumed that I was simply consumed by her.

"Quiet." I said forcefully making everyone stop talking. "You will listen to her."

"Why should we? She's the lowest ranking member in the pack..."

"She's technically not even a part of the pack yet, she's still on probation." Another man said quickly.

"She is a part of this pack, probation or not!" I bellowed loudly making the men bow their heads slightly. "You will listen to her because I say." I took a deep breath as they still looked defiant. "She is an Oracle." I finally stated making the men's eyes bulge and their scowls be wiped off their face. "You know I will not lead you astray, listen to our oracle men... she knows what she is speaking of."

I stepped back and let her have the floor again. She pointed to the closest large territory in the North. There were other packs further north that were bigger than the one that she had chosen, but to get to them, we had to overtake this territory. It was a ballsy move, for sure. She spoke surely and confidently as she went over our battle tactics. There would be opposing warriors at the borders that we would have to get through and that would alert the pack that we were coming for them... It'd give them a little bit of time to prepare.

The territory that we were setting our sights on was large; larger than any other land we had ever tried to overtake before. Fleming's pack was a warrior pack with a decent size army, it was nothing compared to the one Lucy had chosen to go for though. In fact, Fleming's pack fell easily. It was easy for my numbers to overwhelm them and they fell harshly.

This pack, however, would be a lot different. While, yes, we had a larger pack than them, they had just as many warriors as us. There was a reason why I was putting a focus on our warrior numbers as we trained the pups, it was what the North did and they pushed out vast numbers of warriors each year. They bred pups ready to fight.

"This is a suicide mission." One of the leaders spoke harshly as she explained how we'd meet their army and fight it out.

"Have you never had to fight it out before? What, you think that you should always just overwhelm them with your numbers? What has all of this training been for if we're not going to use it?" Lucy said harshly and stared the man down without flinching. "I hate to break it to you, but the super pack in the North is reaching vast numbers just as this pack has. When we go in for that pack, it will be evenly matched... just as this fight will be. The final battle at the end of this war will be brutal, we must prepare and gain great warriors on our side."