Future -Lucy's POV

Lucy's POV-

"lucine..." everything in my body tensed up when he said the name that the moon goddess called me by. He said my name! It was beautiful sound coming from his lips, so absolutely beautiful.

"kale..." I whispered back. It was him, my mate, my match, my everything.

He moved toward me and I was so intrigued, I watched his every movement. He was so flawless and graceful, he was perfect. His scent was intoxicating as he reached me, I could tell I had the same effect on him. we were made for each other, right down to our scents.

His head dipped into my neck and I had never felt chills the way he gave them to me. Suddenly I heard him growl and lash out at his beta for touching me. I had to deflate the situation, he thought that his beta touched me in an intimate way. His touch was anything but intimate, not like my mate's.

I touched him gently and made him look at my face, I explained the situation to kale. He still didn't like what happened but he seemed content with my touch, he wasn't going to go after his beta again.

It was like I had burned him when he pulled away, he even let out a small growl. He left me with a dumbfounded expression. Was he bipolar or something? He was just so content with my touch but suddenly he wasn't anymore... what happened?

"who sent you?" he questioned in a harsh tone.

I couldn't help but to look between the two men in the room. Was he serious? Was I supposed to tell the truth? The truth sounded absurd and crazy. Who would ever believe that the moon goddess sent me? I looked inside myself and tried to access my powers, but I was too panicked for my foresight to give me answers. I needed to seriously work with my powers.

"I said, who sent you?" he repeated even harsher than before.

Tears instantly filled my eyes at his gruffness and my panic. I had to stop and get myself under control; It was definitely not the time to let my emotions fly off the handle. I took a deep breath and just decided to tell the truth. "the moon goddess." I answered trying to sound powerful.

He laughed uncontrollably at my answer. His doubt and laugh brought my wolf to the surface, she felt disrespected. I knew my eyes flashed into my wolf's when he took notice. He was taunting me.

I quickly got a reign in on my wolf, I knew he was going to be unpleasant and disbelieving. I had to calm down and play this smart, I knew he was my mate. No matter how annoyingly stubborn he was, he was mine and I was his.

He commented on my self-control and circled me like he was circling prey. He was taking in every inch of me, making me very self-conscious. All the while he was trying to figure me out.

He didn't believe that I was his mate and tried to find every excuse as to why I wasn't his. I was a witch, or I was too young, or I was lying. He didn't believe me and was getting angry that I wasn't budging on our bond.

He was my mate! I wanted to scream and fight with him, but I knew I couldn't do that. He was different from most men, he was trained and he didn't know me. I knew I couldn't provoke him too far, I was afraid of what would happen if I did.

He paced around me again as I was getting used to his heavy gaze on me. He asked me my name. I almost laughed at the silly question, he already knew it... he said it when our eyes locked.

"you already know it, kale." I replied and looked at him. He let out a low warning growl for me to answer the question. I sighed and shook my head. I quickly found his hazel eyes and he instantly stopped pacing and stared at me. "Lucy, or well lucine, ugh I'm not sure, just call me Lucy." I said and sighed, not sure of how to explain the whole situation to him.