Live- Kale's POV

Kale's POV-

The earth quaked... Or was that just me?

I stared at her lifeless body in shock. Complete and utter shock. What had just happened?

I stared at the two seemingly dead beings that were just laying there. His paw was buried in her chest. His hand was in the middle of her chest, claws probably mangling her heart.

Her heart... my heart. She held my heart right along with her. My heart was pierced too, right along with hers. I felt empty, and that emptiness killed me... She was gone.

Yeah, the earth was definitely shaking. I knew that because I was standing completely frozen. I just stood there staring at my mate... My Luce.

No.

No.

NO.

Absolutely not. She was not gone. There was no way that she could be gone.

Just as I was coming out of my frozen shock, the earth's shaking became violent. It shook, it moaned, it groaned... and then it just opened up.

The large crack in the earth swallowed her up, taking the nasty man that had tortured her for years with her. The earth cracked open and took her down into it. My Luce disappeared into the giant crack on the earth. However, the crack on the earth was not even near the size of the crack in my heart.

I ran forward, even as the earth still quaked, and peered down the giant bottomless crack. Nothing. I saw nothing. The crack was just a giant abyss. She was gone.

She was gone.

I stared. I cried. I howled. I prayed.

I was empty.

Honestly, I half expected to see her come floating back out of the crack. I prayed that she'd come out, completely okay... alive.

She had the support of countless Gods and Goddesses! How could this have happened?! How could they let her down?! How could they take her from us? We needed her!

She was not supposed to die! No. We all needed her. She was our light. She was my love.

The earth sounded as if it was grieving right along with me as she still shook. Animals seemed to be gathering around us. Rain began to fall. Lightning and thunder boomed. The moon was on full display, right next to the seemingly even brighter sun. It even seemed like magic was crackling through the air. The whole universe, every single realm, seemed to be grieving for my Lucine. My mate. She was mine.

Still... she did not float back out of the crack. She did not magically appear beside me, healed and alive.

She was gone... I didn't even get to tell her goodbye! I didn't get any closure. I didn't even get to see if she was truly dead! She could still be alive for all I knew! Except I did know... She was gone. The emptiness in my chest was a reminder of that.

They just took her from me! She was just gone. Her body disappeared, her heart torn right open, and her beautiful light just stolen. She was stolen from me.

"Well, that was easy," the stupid dark witch said with a shrug and a smirk.

I snapped. My wolf finally shifted, ready to tear everyone and everything apart. I lunged for the witch that started this all. We should have just killed her when she first arrived.

I hadn't even made it six feet from her when I was punted backwards and slammed into the ground. I hit an invisible barrier and couldn't even get to her. I couldn't even get to the woman that killed my Luce.

I got back up and did it over and over again. I hit the barrier, got pushed back, and them did it again. I needed to get to her. She needed to pay!

Her dark laughter was hysterical when I had finally stopped making a fool of myself. Sobs were heard from my pack, screams and growls of grief were echoing all around, and then there was her laughter. It filled my head and made me crazy.

I shifted back into my human form and stared at her with a murderous look. She smirked back easily with a shrug. "What can I say? I guess the darkness of the underworld is stronger than the light from all of those etherical beings," she told me smugly.

"Fuck you," I growled out.

"She died for her pack, Kale. At least you can be happy about that," she giggled. "She died protecting all of you."

The annoying sound of her laughter made me want to try to get to her again. I stayed put though; I knew it was no use.

"We'll respect our word and leave you be to lick your wounds, even if you did technically attack our pack," she said with a shrug.

She was acting as if Lucy's life didn't even matter. She had just been another roadblock for The North to flatten. Lucy was just collateral damage to them. They didn't give a shit about her, about her light that had been stolen. They wanted her dimmed. They wanted her gone because she was too powerful. We were too powerful with her.

"You'll never take us over," I yelled. "We'll never submit to you!"

"Then you'll die. It's as simple as that, Alpha," she spoke condescendingly.

"She didn't die in vain!" I growled.

"From here, it seems that she did actually," the witch shrugged. "From here, it looks as if you all will die in vain. The North will prevail, and we will win. You might as well give up now. We're too powerful."

"Fuck you," I growled again.

"We'll go away from here... for now," she smirked. "You can't win. You can't win especially without your oracle, you fools. You'll see... In time, you'll all see."

I lunged at her again in human form, but I simply just bounced off the shield again and ended up on the ground laid out on my back. Tears formed in my eyes. I had no idea what to do or think. I just felt the emptiness.

She was right... Without Lucy, we were hopeless. Lucy was our light, and now she was gone. Our light was gone. She was our strength.

Just as I felt all hope leave my body, I felt the unmistakable presence of pure love fill me up. It felt like I was being held back in my lover's arms once again. The lover that I barely got any time with. The lover that was made for me... My mate.

There was a tingling sensation on my chest, right where my heart is. As I looked down at my bare skin where the tingling sensation took over, there was a star-like shape that was suddenly there on my skin in black ink, just like Lucy's markings from the ethereal realm... She marked me.

'Be the light,' I heard whispered through my head in my love's voice.

Be the light. I had to be the light. Lucy was gone, and she was counting on me to be the light. She died for our pack... and I had to live for it.

A/n-

Y'all... I know. I know that this is hard, but we'll get through it together. I love y'all. Don't hate me. I love you! Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!

It will all come together soon.

-KAF❤️