As one- Lucy's POV

Lucy's POV-

The darkness was supposed to be alarming. It was supposed to overtake and make you feel empty inside. I knew that was how I was expected to react. However, when the dark shadows and forces enclosed on me, all I could feel was comfort. I felt at peace with the darkness.

I loved the light. The light was energizing and lovely, but the darkness was calming and understanding. Both forces made me feel at home and held a special kind of beauty within it. Without light, we would not know darkness. Without darkness, we would not know light. You cannot have one without the other.

"I simply cannot withdraw my support of her," the God spoke to me directly as I scried within the dark flames that I loved so much.

"Excuse me?"

"That wasn't the right choice of words. I have withdrawn my support of her," he corrected himself slowly due to my penetrating stare. "However, she already has the darkness and shadows on her side, just like you. Once my shadows and darkness has sunk within someone, they don't leave until it's not a viable place to be anymore. The witch provides them a temple to feed their darkness. She has much darkness and power for the shadows to draw from and feed back into... She's offered herself up as a place of solitude in a world that turns darkness and shadows away."

"You can't just command them to stop?" I asked.

"Can the Moon Goddess just command her wolves to do as she pleases? No. My shadows have the free will to do as they please. They seek a place to feel as though they belong, just as most beings do. The witch gives them that space."

"How do we fix it then, Grandfather?" I asked desperately, feeling frustrated.

I was hurt, upset, and I hated that I wasn't there with Kale. He was doing an excellent job; I could see his strength within my scrying in the dark fires. He was showing them all the way and being their light, but even in death... I could feel his heartache and sadness over my departure. I could feel all of their heartache over me.

I watched their turmoil and hurt. I was there for them, but I couldn't figure out how to truly show them except in the small ways I already have. A small star, whispered words in the winds, a kind presence in the darkness... It all seemed too small and insignificant. However, it was all so significant. I couldn't figure out how to get them to see that. Every little insignificant thing was totally and completely significant!

"I can't believe that I'm about to say this..." he spoke to me hesitantly. "We bring in the light," he whispered in an almost painful way.

"What do you mean?"

"The only way to overtake the darkness is by flooding it with the light," he said.

"So, how do we do that?" I asked calmly.

"I suppose we have to invite the light here, and then we go from there," he sighed.

"I know that you think that the light coming will weaken you..." I said after a full few minutes of silence. "However, what if it strengthens you?"

"What do you mean, Lucent girl?"

"The shadows cannot be seen without the light, Grandfather," I told him kindly. "Yes, the light sheds light on the darkness, but that doesn't mean that it overtakes it. It simply means that it is giving you a space to be seen in."

"You're telling me that since the beginning of time, we have all been going about this the wrong way? The darkness and light are one in the same, not separate?" He asked me in a disbelieving voice.