Accept- Lucy's POV

Lucy's POV-

I stood there in front of the mirror just staring. There were no words.

My hair was much shorter after the much needed cut that Evanna gave to it. It looked healthy, no longer so limp and frizzy. Grandmama braided some beautiful moon flowers into my hair. Incredibly, instead of looking like they were beginning to die since they had been picked from their life source; the moment that they were braided into my hair, they began to bloom even more vibrantly.

My attention turned from me to my outfit that I was supposed to be getting dressed in. Nat picked out a short, pretty, white dress for me to wear. It was simple and soft while also being fit for the occasion.

Still, even though the dress was beautiful, I was scared. I was scared to put it on, I was scared that my own pack would reject me, and I was scared that I was not going to live up to everyone's expectations. I was an Oracle, Luna, and Alpha... but I felt like an imposter. I felt like it was not supposed to be me that was to be doing all of this. I felt like I stole a place that was supposed to be someone else's. I mean, how could it be me that was supposed to be doing all of this. I was just... me.

"Luce..." I heard Kale's voice come through the door of our now shared room. "Are you okay?"

I sighed audibly. Was I okay?

Kale came through the door and swept me in a hug immediately. "I could feel your self-doubt," he answered my unspoken question of what he was doing. We were not supposed to see each other until the ritual, according to Nat. "Rules be dammed... I couldn't let yourself be up here alone to let you worry yourself silly."

"Thank you," I whispered softly.

"Besides, I'm pretty sure that Cory and Nat are in their room getting ready together," he said with an eyeroll. "I know that they've been official mates for a while, but they are just now doing their ritual tonight along side us. So, that's a bit hypocritical of her wouldn't you say?"

I snorted with a nod as I buried my face into his shoulder.

"Love, it is you that I choose. It is you that is supposed to be here," Kale reassured gently and tucked some hair behind my ear. "It is you, my beautiful Luce, that the Moon Goddess made for us."

"It can't be me... I'm just me," I replied with a headshake.

"It is you, love. We are just asking you to be you. You are all that we want," he said softly and kissed my forehead. "Please just be you. No one else can do that..."

I breathed in deeply as I let his words and calmness sooth me. I nodded as I connected myself to the divine love that was being offered to me through the Moon Goddess. I was divine. The Moon Goddess chose me.

"There we go, love. There's my Luce," Kale said with a bright smile as I looked up to him. He kissed my lips softly and hugged me again. "Let me help you, my mate, get ready for the binding ritual." I had no arguments as he helped me out of my clothes and into my pretty dress.

The dress was short and showed off a lot of my legs. It stopped above my knees and showed off many scars that ran up and down my bared legs. The spaghetti straps showed off my mate's mark perfectly. However, it also showed off my many other scars harshly along with the angry red marks on my shoulder that Renee had given me the night before. As if it couldn't be any worse, the backless dress framed my whole back that was full of too many claw marks, whip lashes, and bite marks from too many times before in my past at The North.

I began to panic once again while looking at how ugly my scarred up body made the pretty dress look. I couldn't even fathom why Nat and Evanna had decided on that dress for me. They both knew that I had many scars to cover up... They picked a dress that covered very little of the marks.