She was it- Kale's POV

Kale's POV-

"D-daughter?" It left Lucy's mouth in a tremble making me completely shocked at the words too. Before anyone was able to speak again, Lucy stiffened up and let out a growl. "We need to leave," she ground out to me in anger with a huff.

I looked at her confused, but I could see the swirling colors in her eyes letting me know that she had a vision.

"It's time, they will attack soon. If we rush, we may be able to get there to help."

I growled at that revelation and turned to Sam. "Go with the Beta and help Trevor with everyone who is seeking refuge with us. Get back to our territory quickly."

Sam nodded obediently as Lucy turned to the older Beta from the Smith pack. "We must be going now... when we get our pack out of danger, I would love to hear about everything... my parents, brother, and home all included." She caressed the older man's hand and bowed respectfully to him.

She turned to the five warriors who stayed behind with us. "You five will come with us," she said in a gentle yet very commanding voice. I was sure that she didn't even realize that she was taking charge so easily. "We must hurry."

With those words, we all shifted into our wolf forms, with Lucy on my back, and took off towards our home to defend our own pack from the traitor.

----

When we arrived on our lands, we all knew that the fight was already in full force. We all pushed ourselves that much harder to get to the main area to help defend our family.

As soon as we skidded to a stop at our own mainland, Lucy jumped off my back and ran inside of the main packhouse without even taking in the scene in front of her. I had no time to run after her because I quickly was surrounded by three ferocious warriors.

With ease, I fought them all off within minutes. Lucy and the pack's protection were the only things on my mind and it made me fight even harder.

My eyes took in the fight, and I couldn't stop my fierce growl. There were not a lot of warriors that came to attack, but they were the high-ranking ones. I could tell by their skilled fighting. I rushed through the battles and aided my own warriors when it was necessary as I made my own way down the path that Lucy's scent went.

I made it inside the house and saw the few warriors that were left dead with stab wounds in their throats and claw marks across their faces. I knew that Lucy was on a mission if she killed them so quickly and harshly. Normally, she would have given them a chance to surrender. However, it was her own family and pack that was being attacked. No mercy was rewarded when someone attacked her own so unfair and violently.

I ran through the house as I sniffed out her scent and followed it into the library. I came to a stop as a very large wolf circled Lucy who was standing in front of the two young warriors from Cory's pack that had insulted her on their first day in the pack, they were both very injured. There were also two wolves from the attacking pack who were dead by the door of our shelter tunnels.

I snarled at the large wolf who was practically laughing at the small girl who was in front of him protecting the young men. He took a quick glance at me, but that glance proved to be fatal for him. Without waiting any longer, Lucy plunged a dagger into his throat and sliced it straight across as if it were butter. Blood splattered her and the ground that was beneath the wolf as he crumbled down in a heap, dead.

She glanced at me and then to the two boys. "Help me get them into the tunnels, they're too injured to fight," she said gently.

Both boys tried to protest, but I shut them up with a soft growl.