Supposed -Kale's POV

Kale's POV-

I sat by her bed trying not to fret. It had only been forty-five minutes after we took her from the pack kitchen, but it was forty-five minutes too long. I had just met the girl, I barely even knew her damn name and this was how I was reacting to her? I knew it was the mate bond making me feel the way I felt. Whether it was real or not didn't matter, even if it was fake I still felt the connection to her. I felt the bond deep within my chest. I felt things I never thought I'd feel for anybody.

My wolf was restless with my supposed mate in the hospital, not waking up. What the hell did I do to her? This was my fault, I knew she seemed fragile and I yelled anyways. I yelled at her and she freaked out. I let my anger get the best of me.

Doc called it PTSD, what the hell would she have PTSD from? I couldn't really imagine. I knew it had something to do with her last Alpha and Beta though. I knew by the way she completely agreed with me before in saying that they were horrible. Something told me I didn't even know the half of it.

"Alpha, talk to her... she needs to wake up and you said that you have a mate bond." I opened my mouth to tell him that it was probably fake but he continued talking. "I know you think its fake, but real or fake isn't the question. Either way it will help her, if you're feeling these things she is too. Just talk to her..." Doc said softly to me while he busied himself working on stuff for her. He had said earlier that there was no physical reason for her to be passed out, it was all mental.

I did as Doc said and just started talking. At first, I wasn't sure of what to say, but as I looked at the girl who claimed to be my mate things just started coming out of my mouth. I wanted her to wake up and talk to me again. I wanted to see the look she had when she saw me, it was like she saw me. Not Alpha Burke, she saw Kale... the guy I used to be. I wished I could still be that guy.

As I spoke more tears leaked out of her eyes. They had been doing that since she had passed out. I wasn't sure of what was going on in that pretty little head of hers, but I felt agony as I watched the girl who might be my mate cry. I hated seeing that, it made my heart hurt. I wiped her tears away softly willing them to stop.

As I looked at her I felt my heart swell in adoration. The girl was skinny, pale, and unfit, but she was by far the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. I wanted so badly to see her gorgeous crystal blue eyes. I wanted to see them swirl and her be confident in the things she saw in her head.

Lucy was amazing, even if she wasn't my mate I'd care for her. I'd care for her not because she was an oracle either, but because of who she was as a person. The way she cared about Rita's happiness and made me tell my sister about the warriors even though Natalie interrupted us. She cared for other people and their needs were a priority to her as well. It was a beautiful thing, selflessness, it was a trait that far too many people lacked.

"I don't know if we're really mates, but I know you're someone special. Not just because of your powers either..." I told her honestly, I felt so vulnerable as I spoke to her. "Lucy, you are special to me. I know I seem like an asshole, I get angered easily, and I have no idea what we are or aren't... but I will not hurt you," I told her. I knew I couldn't hurt her, it would hurt me far too much to even dream about hurting her.

Her breathing began to calm down from her dangerously fast pace before. It started to get slower and slower until it leveled out and got back to normal. I breathed a sigh of relief.

"I think its working Alpha!" Doc said while looking at my mate. "Continue, I think she'll wake soon if you continue..."

"I want to help you just like you want to help me. You scare me and the thought of losing you scares me even more, which is crazy because we just met. I am so sorry and I will try not to let my temper get the best of me, but I can not promise you anything. Please don't be scared of me, Lucy. I don't want you to be afraid of me like whoever hurt you..." I said to my possible mate. I learned long ago not to make promises, especially ones that you can't keep. I really did want to help her though. I wanted the war to be over and I wanted her to stay... with me, forever.