For love- Lucy's POV

Lucy's POV-

Evanna introduced me to her witch friends at almost high noon the next day. I couldn't stop the dread that I felt rolling in my stomach. I couldn't stop the tension that was filling my body.

"Something is going to happen," the last witch, Raya, that I was introduced to said as soon as her hand touched mine. "I can feel it," she said looking deep into my eyes. "You should be able to see it."

"My visions are blocked," I said with anger lacing my voice. Now that I had the gift of sight, I hated not knowing the possibilities of the future.

"Darcy and the others are harnessing the moon's power to block Lucy's power," Evanna explained to her coven. "That is why I've asked you to come help us in this fight. The darkness that they are dabbling with is astronomical."

"Yes," the elder of the group spoke. "More and more witches are going missing. They're dragging them away from covens like they did to you, Evanna. We'll help," she announced.

"Let's do a divination circle under the sun," Raya spoke. "If they are blocking the moon then we'll turn to the sun. The sun will charge us and give us help. After all, the sun and moon balance each other."

I stayed silent, trying to wrap my head around what was happening. I was about to participate in an actual magical ritual with a bunch of witches at high noon... It was certainly not something that I had ever seen myself doing before, but there was a first for everything.

"So what do we do?" I asked as I followed their lead and sat in a circle directly in the sun's light.

"However you see the future and get insights from the moon, it's the same concept," one of them explained as they each sat their own divination station up.

One got cards out, one got a board and a pendulum, one got a black mirror out, and another stuck her feet in the pond that was close by.

"I, um, I was just contacted. I've never had to seek before. They just come to me," I explained softly.

"You ground," Eva interrupted. "You ground. It's how you've met all of your deities and how you have the most powerful of your visions. So... Just ground, Lucy," she explained patiently.

I nodded at her in thanks and laid my body on the ground. I instantly felt the grass come to meet me and the earth cradle me gently. I sunk further into the ground as my consciousness fell into the etherical realm. I was in the astral, the land between the conscious and the non-conscious. I remembered it from my first meeting with Mother Gaia.

"Hello?" I called out into dream-like landscape. "Is anyone here? I need help!" I called louder as I walked further into the astral realm.

The last time I had visited the astral, the earth Goddess had met me there, so I didn't have to go searching through the place. However, now, it seemed empty and cold as I searched for help. The whole setting had an eerie feel to it especially as a crow followed me from above flying from bare tree to bare tree.

"I'm here to seek guidance. What is going on? How do I help everything bring back order?" I called into the seemingly empty place. Was this all for nothing? Who was I kidding?!

No. I couldn't give up. I had a war to win. I couldn't let The North win. Their greed and power-hungriness would destroy everything. I couldn't let them tear apart everything I loved. We all deserved to be happy. The North did not promote happiness, they promoted unbalanced power.

"I need your help!" I said in an authoritative voice. "I need to know how to prepare. The Moon Goddess is blinded right now, so I need to know what to do next. Anyone... Please, just help me restore the balance!"