Chapter 1: Once upon a time

Note: This story will contain major manga spoilers. If you're an anime-only I suggest to reconsider reading this.

| 2004

Out of all the things that I can hear in the morning it always has to be my mother's voice. It has been my daily alarm since its more effective than my actual alarm; ringing through my ears like the sound of the world ending. 

Although waking up isn't a problem anymore, the main concern is why the hell is my mother yelling at exactly 6 am with the obvious metal spatula clashing to the pan. Out of curiosity, I stood up from my bed and creak the door open, peaking and watching the eye-opener situation.

There was my mom crying as she cooked, my unbelievable brother in glasses with slicked-black hair tied nicely while my father was watching with disappointment. 

"HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT YOU NEED TO THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE DOING KEISUKE?! NOW YOU'RE REPEATING ANOTHER YEAR BECAUSE OF YOUR RECKLESS ACTIONS!! DO YOU THINK THAT ME AND YOUR DAD JUST SHIT MONEY TO MAKE YOU STUDY?!"

 My mother sniffled as tears came out from her eyes. Today is my first day of middle school, while my brother, Keisuke Baji got held back and repeating the year. To be honest it was kinda annoying since my mother was whining about this matter everyday when she heard the news. 

I groaned and let out a sigh before preparing for school, slipping to my uniform and fixing myself to look like a decent human. After that I went out catching the attention of everyone in the house.

"At least I have a smart and pretty daughter." My mother murmured. I greet them before sitting next to my brother who was blushing, me on the other hand releasing a sweat on my forehead. 

| Time skip

"I'm an absolute idiot. I've never gotten a double-digit score on anything much less on tests  not to mention I made mom cry. God might be also given up on me. People are probably praying for my academic survival at shrines and sacrificed lambs for my grades." My brother said in a sad tone lifting his glasses as the light glints against it like a typical anime character.

"Good thing you're aware."

"(Y/N)!! HELP ME PASS THIS YEAR!!"

And there goes his breakdown.

"Why the hell will I do that?! I have better things to do."  I grunted.

"What things? You still don't have a boyfriend." My brother ranted. I was exposed leaving me speechless so I just rolled my eyes at him.

"Please!! I'll buy you a dessert every weekend."

"Yare yare. 4:00 pm. On my room. Bring your books or anything." I stood firmly when I heard the word dessert. He jumped in joy like an idiot as I laughed at him. 

We may not look like it but we're a family full of delinquents. My grandfather and my father had been the leaders of gangs here on our district, my mom being the right-hand of my father, my aunties and uncles are no different and lastly my brother being the first-division captain of a famous gang here on our area; the Tokyo Manji gang. As for me, I don't plan to be one of them too which is actually wished by my family saying that I should stop this continuous cycle of being an errant.