Chapter 23: Butajiru

| 2005

As for these days, gang activities weren't that much except for the unknown plan incoming on December. Toman was just strolling around every night, which I only attended when I feel like it. Apart from that, Chifuyu and I stayed the same but there are times things are getting heated-- maybe awkward is the right word. I feel like it all started when I kissed him. It genuinely just slipped in my mind, a thought of revenge of mine because of the thing  he did that day.

Maybe? Maybe not?

Its strange. There's this burning feeling in my stomach whenever he does something that affects me-- I'm literally just good at hiding it. 

I know-- I sound like a total idiot who doesn't even understand what I feel. To me he was just a friend. More like a brother. A companion. But that idea tugs me back at the same time. 

The thing is I want more than what we have. But I just can't bring myself to put up that feeling. For me what we have is enough but the same time it doesn't. See how crazy it is?

--

"It takes a very special kind of idiot to pull off what you just did." I dumbfounded at his annoyed face as I leaned on the frame door of our class, watching him erase answers in old literature books as punishment for breaking a vending machine. Why he did that? Well we can say he's mentally insane. His anger issues is in fact worse than mine when it hits him. 

For it seems like the gods were playing at him, he failed the math test because the thing he reviewed was different from what appeared in the exam. More than that, his lunch was wasted since one of our classmates accidentally bumped on it. Fueling more on his anger, the vending machine wasn't working the time he wants to buy a drink, his usual calm state detonating and yeah-- you know what happened.

"Shut up. I'm having a bad luck today." He spat, irritatingly erasing the words almost ripping the book.

"You look like someone who's currently on period." I further added, playing with him until I received a death glare from him. 

"You can handle this right? I'm going now. I have to buy something." I asked, grabbing the strap of my bag after seeing the time on the clock.

"Huh? Yeah sure. Take care when going home." He added, annoyance still in his voice not sparing a glance at me. 

Upon exiting, I went to a stationary store in front of the school to buy supplies. Seeing different colors of materials and the smell of books-- paradise. And of course, I bought a manga✌🏼😗

I also went to the convenience store to buy some goodies, mochi and pudding for the grumpy head Chifuyu. 

"That will be 1980 yen ma'am." The cashier flatly said, her tired eyes staring at me. I fetched for my pocket to grab my wallet, only to see that my money wasn't enough. 

Talk about bad luck.

"E-erm... can you please remove the ramen and the pickled plum--" My words are interrupted when a a hand appeared on the counter, holding money  that immediately grabbed my attention.

"H-Hah?? Sanzu? You definitely don't need to--"

"I don't mind." He smiled under his mask, his hair tied up into a ponytail while he wore his Toman uniform. The cashier then accepted the money, giving the change to Sanzu as I grabbed the things I bought, extremely embarrassed.

"Do you need help with that Baji?" He asked, looking at the plastic bags I was carrying.

"N-no I'm fine! Its quite embarrassing that you have to pay these. How about come to my place so I can pay you? I'll also cook something." I invited still can't help but to be amazed how pretty his eyelashes are.