Chapter 28: Hibernating Frog

| 2006

"I have a bad feeling about him. Try distancing yourself from Sanzu, Baji-san."

"Huh? What do you mean?" I bewilderedly asked.

"I heard some rumors about him and his siblings." Inupi replied that snapped a nerve in my head. 

He said he doesn't have siblings. What is he plotting?

Questions started running in my head once again. Everything he does... no-- everything we did was just an act? 

"I heard his siblings are leading an underground gang when I was still in Black Dragons. However we shouldn't jump to conclusions yet." Koko added sitting beside Inupi, looking outside the window like he was deeply thinking about something.

"They're just rumors after all. Just be careful around him." Inupi said as he looked at me through the front mirror. Clenching the pants that I was wearing, I looked outside in quite disappointment. Not only that he lied, I also thought he was going to an another trustworthy companion.

Arriving at the my apartment, Inupi and Koko helped me carry my bag before bidding goodbye to those two.

"These days will gonna be hella boring."

--

Ever since Chifuyu's in coma, days passing seems so slow and dull. Every second feels like a minute, and every hour feels almost a day. In often times, I'll spent at the entire day after school at the hospital waiting for Chifuyu to wake up. 

Tonight, I decided to stay overnight at the hospital since its weekend. Walking around, talking to Chifuyu, reading a book... I did things that'll go with the time moving. 

Wonder when he'll wake up.

I went to the balcony to enjoy the stars, loosing myself from stress that evolved with everything that just happened; also praying for Chifuyu to wake up. 

Its been 2 weeks since I woke up.

It's hard to cope up now that he's also the reason that there's a hulking feeling within me. My eyes feel lost, there's no one around now that everyone's back on their normal lives. Now that I thought of it, my head again pictured my brother which is most likely by my side this time. He'll probably manifest using yakisoba, or do merciless things like drawing on Chifuyu's face even he's unconscious.

I went back to Chifuyu's side after a while, caressing his face as I waited my drowsiness to kick in. Holding his hand, I laid myself in the side of his body before drifting myself to dreamland.

| The next day

I woke up in the feeling of someone poking my head, shaking my body steadily that somehow annoyed me now that my sleep is interrupted. 

"Mitsuya-san stop it. There's no school anyway. Leave me alone!" I groaned, facing my head to the opposite direction.

"(Y/n)-san~" A soft voice again to my ear, opening my eyes awakes before I jammed my head high to see the sight in front of me. The view just took all my worries away, a solitary bead of liquid rolling in my cheek as the man I waited for weeks was now smiling in front of me holding a peace sign that was enough to light up the room despite of the pale face he's having.