Chapter 14: Teach Her how to say Goodbye

| 2005

| The Day after the Battle

As time comes fast and the day seems to be a repeated cycle, my anxiety comes along with it; occupying worrisome nightmares when I sleep. Our house lingers this unexplainable silence due to the fact that my brother hasn't come home for these past days. It frightens me to the limit that I have to go to Chifuyu's apartment, my weaken state exposing whenever I get cold feet from the "what-if's" I made in my head. 

I couldn't even stop my brother. I'm so useless.

| 2003- Flashback

"You formed a gang?" I asked as I watched my brother eat in such an energetic state. As much as I'm happy for him, I can't help but to get scared even I grew up in family of delinquents.

4 cousins deceased, 2 cousins in coma, 1 uncle deceased, grandmother deceased.

"(Y/n) are you okay?" My brother asked when he saw my hands squeeze the chopsticks I'm holding.

"I'm fine."

"No you're not. Nii-san will listen." He beamed at me, his sharp teeth coming out from his mouth. Seeing his face made me purse my lips, hesitating if I should tell him or not.

"I was rejected." I lied.

"Eh? You told me that you never cared about the boys in your school now you didn't tell me you had a crush? Well he rejected you though... want me to beat the shit out him?" He asked with a stern smile, a sweat appearing in my forehead.

"Uhh no thanks. I think I'm already fine." I smiled at him before looking back at my food.

"But (Y/n), I know you're lying." My brother seriously said making me grip in my chopsticks tighter while my other hand clenched to the ends of my shirt.

"What's the matter?" He again asked, his tone piercing through me.

"Isn't  it dangerous?"

"What?"

"Gang. Grandma died because of them, even uncle Minato too."

"You're going too far (Y/n), of course that won't happen." He shrugged.

"That's what they said too." I murmured but wasn't too much of my luck, my brother heard them.

"Listen (Y/n), you're not the only one I treasure in my life. You know that. Nothing's gonna happen."

"But aren't you just going to waste your life with that?"

That time I wished I never ran my mouth at him.

| 3rd Person POV

As the tension between the two gangs grew thicker, (Y/n) is still unknown to the incoming clash between the two for Chifuyu hid this from her for the sake of the girl's safety. It was indeed hard for Chifuyu-- balancing his aim to take Baji Keisuke out from the vicious gang Valhalla, gathering counter-info against Kisaki Tetta, and keeping the girl okay both physically and mentally.

In true essence, he valued the girl a lot as much as his respected person so seeing the girl in pain hurts him in ways he himself can't even explain.

"Sorry for calling you out here like this." Chifuyu spoke as he was now in front with Baji Keisuke along with Takemichi, his companion.

"Chifuyu, you wanna get some punched some more?" Baji replied with a smug look while the blonde man just stared at him with a sincere face for he never spoke like this to Baji before.