Chapter 35: The Picture

| 2006

Like most people, the weekends really are the most awaited days in a wearying, troublesome week. One of the overly enthusiastic people I know is Chifuyu, who was now pulling me out of from deep sleep in the afternoon, inviting me to go to the newly opened carnival this spring in Shibuya.

"GO THERE ON YOUR OWN GODDAMIT!!" I hollered, pulling my blanket back to my body groaning to myself, throwing a spare pillow at Chifuyu yet he insisted further, pulling me again by my leg as he whined like a kid. Another soon or so he toppled himself in my lying body, my figure taking his weight blocking my lungs to breathe being an asshole he is.

"You're insufferable." I commented, giving up soon. Chifuyu jumped out of excitement, rushing outside of my room. You know I sometimes think I'm having a 4-year-old child instead of a boyfriend actually.

Forcing myself to get up, I groggily went to the bathroom, taking an immediate shower before choosing clothes. And since it's a date (mentioned by the one and only Chifuyu), I chose a proper outfit to at least make myself "humanish". All of a sudden, the idiotic blonde audibly knocked through my door, scaring me out of my wits.

"JUST WEAR WHATEVER MAKES YOU COMFORTABLE OKAY?" Chifuyu spoke from the other side of the door.

"RIGHT SHITTYFUYU!" I yelled back, smiling to myself. 

He said it himself.

Putting back the attire I grabbed on, I switched it with my favorite sweatshirt and jeans, my usual outdoor outfit before wearing some sneakers and fixing my hair a little bit. Once I got out of my room, I saw Chifuyu standing in our rear door, wearing a black and white hoodie sweatshirt, the same jeans and sneakers looking like we almost got the same outfit.

"How do I look?" I asked, quite anxious that I'm in my normal outside close.

"The same."

"Oh."

"I mean, you look pretty in everything you wear why even bother?" He smiled, a flush of heat running in my face. Calming myself down, I saw a black SLR camera hanging in Chifuyu's neck, capturing my attention.

"What's that for?" I questioned, pointing at the camera at resting at his chest.

"Nothing. Better get going or the people will crowd the entrance." Chifuyu said, grabbing my hand before pulling me outside as I bit my lower lip to stop myself from smiling. Riding on Chifuyu's bike, I noticed a familiar black car, the expensive one that gave me a hint of who it was. However, I stopped assuming things thinking it was just a visitor of our neighbor.

Chifuyu seems right when we arrived at the carnival. The gates were filled with a mass of people: kids holding balloons and wearing different kinds of headbands, couples, and families that kinda made me envy them.

Upon entering there were different rides that Chifuyu was more excited about. To be honest, I'm more interested in their corndogs and different stalls even they were weird-- I mean, who will name their stall "Where's my underwear?"?

Chifuyu never let go of my hand as we took tours around the place except when he insisted to enter a horror house after eating some snacks.

"Hold tight to me." He said with a crooked smile, evident that he was shuddering with fear. When it was our turn, I grabbed his arm like he said, a blank expression on my face unlike him who just took a big gulp acting like a brave man. I appreciate the effort though.