Chapter 29: Mr. Seas the Day

| March 14, 2006

Waking up in my usual morning, I went outside from my room wearing my usual school uniform seeing my father cook for breakfast which was rare-- no. More like weird. He actually hates this stuff including me. Its because he sucks at seasonings and the food sometimes ends up burned.

Wonder what's the occasion.

"Morning dad." I greeted, receiving a lowly hum as a response.

"Where's mom?"

"She already left." He replied in such a subdued voice, as if he was hiding something. 

"Ahh (Y/n) by the way, do you have a boyfriend?" He smiled at me as I stopped on my tracks looking at him with confusion mixed with disbelief.

"Wha-- no. Why do you ask?" 

"Someone went here earlier giving you that." My father said as he pointed using his mouth to a white box, the sounds of spatula hitting the pan resonating in the household. After grabbing the white box, the clear white plastic in the center gave me a view of chocolate chip cookies, a letter stuck on top of the lid.

Morning (Y/n)-san! I'm had to go early on school so I'm not walking with you this morning. I was asked to do something this early. Keep safe! See you later!! ♡♡

- The One and Only Chifuyu -

"You sure you don't have a boyfriend? Then why you smiling like that?" Dad asked in a teasing way, chuckling to himself yet enough to audible in my ears.

"It's my friend!!" I retaliated, opening the box to grab a cookie before smacking it right into my mouth whilst my father put the breakfast he cooked in the table, the aroma off burned eggs oscillating in my nostrils.

"Chifuyu Matsuno wasn't it? I heard him before from Kei." Dad munched giving me a mocking look. Of course nii-san will talk about him. He's his bestfriend anyway. Let's just hope he didn't say anything weird and embarrassing.

Though I doubt about that.

"He's a delinquent right?" He asked, coughing as he grabbed his coffee after tasting his burned dish.

"Yeah... why are you interested though? We're only friends." I replied with a hint of sadness. I know that he already took a liking towards me like I do to him, however he didn't ask me out yet leaving us still being friends. 

"Hmmm you don't know what fate holds (Y/n)." He softly smiled. For some reason I felt something is wrong. My dad's acting different especially now that he's pulling out this topic to the both of us. The way his eyes tell me along with his voice... there's something wrong between him and mom.

"Dad is there--"

"Better finish your food already, you're going to be late in school. Your father can't cook so just buy lunch at your school's cafeteria." Dad interrupted whilst getting up from his seat along with the dishes he just used. I looked at his figure, growing pale and thin probably from work, now worse for whatever the reason that I'm still trying to register.