chapter 41

After 4 years.
______________

Sophia P.O.V

" Winnie, hurry up. You will be late to school. Come on " I yelled from the kitchen by packing his lunch box.

" Coming, Mama. My shoelace is troubling me. " he said from his room.

I tied my hair in a bun and walked into his room.

" Let me help you " I said and reached him.

" No. I will by myself. Just say it Mama" he said and I slowly told him how to tie a shoelace.

" That's good. Come. Breakfast is ready " I said and he followed my way out to the kitchen.

I dropped his breakfast plate infront of himhim.

" Mama. Don't you think to take your baby boy to the circus tonight! " he asked me by dropping his head into the plate.

I leaned on to the table by resting my elbow on the table.

" You know... Mama is planning to save money for birthday of her baby boy " I said with a sorry tone.

Winnie is moving his spoon in the plate without eating.

" Mama should work more hours to earn more. And she is trying to fulfill his needs but she just needs some time... Will you? " I asked him.

He lifted his head to me and " Don't worry Mama. We will plan to go Circus next year. But on one condition" he said by showing me one finger.

I nodded my head.

" Will you help me in practising football! " he asked me.

I smiled and " Sure my boy. I love you" I said and hugged him.

He hugged me back and I fed him breakfast listening to his cute words about his last day in school.

I sent him to school and quickly got readied into my working attire.

I am working as plan designer in a company, San Francisco. My job fills my needs and also to save some for future use.

I took a cab and reached the company. My education as an art student helped me to got this job. And some knowledge about how to work in a company as my dad used to tell me sometimes before.

I walked in and took the elevator to reach 29th floor. Once upon a time this company managed have more branches but now the one in San Francisco is beaten by a new company that built here. It is dominating every company in here. I don't know when I become jobless that's why I am saving money for future use.

I reached my cabin and Casey rushed towards me in hurry.

" What's the reason of having your presence here?... Do we all lost our jobs!? " I asked my colleague and also a friend of mine.

" It almost wanted to happen like that just minutes before but now.. it really shifted back in one eighty degrees. " she said by having a seat. I dropped my bag on the table and started keeping my designs in perfect order.

" Come to the point, please " I asked her.

She took a long breathe and " The new company which is the reason for our company downfall bought this entire building... I mean this company. Our jobs are safe but I am not sure about managing director's job. We will get a new CEO " she said by leaning her head on the head rest of the chair.

" I am happy of having my job and I am feeling pity for our managing director " I replied by marking the page numbers.

" New CEO will be here by 10'O clock." She said and gazed at her watch.